Best Whisk(e)y Prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I live in Shawnee and although there are a half dozen or so whiskey getting places here there is not much selection and they seem to be marked up quite a bit.

I'm planning a trip to the metro area and would like to know where you all find the best prices.

I'm particularly looking for the best deal on what I call the Islay Trifecta. Lagavulin 16, Laphroig 10, and Ardbeg 10. I'm also looking for barrel proof bourbons.

Thanks!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live in Shawnee and although there are a half dozen or so whiskey getting places here there is not much selection and they seem to be marked up quite a bit.

I'm planning a trip to the metro area and would like to know where you all find the best prices.

I'm particularly looking for the best deal on what I call the Islay Trifecta. Lagavulin 16, Laphroig 10, and Ardbeg 10. I'm also looking for barrel proof bourbons.

Thanks!

Someone likes the peaty stuff. Hats off to ya....

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Thanks!
Byrons by the state capitol has a great selection.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know how the prices compare to other places, but Cellar Wine & Spirits in Norman (555 W Main St, Norman, OK 73069) is the largest liquor store I've seen in OK. There may be bigger ones around, but I haven't seen them. They have a HUGE selection.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I liked Byron’s. Great selection, good price (especially if you buy bulk), but the place is in a **** hole. Always panhandled by the homeless, always see people that have the look like they are up to no good. I went in there once for 10 mins and when I came out there was a drunk passed out in front of my car. That being said, I haven’t been there since I moved to Tulsa, so it could be cleaned up in the last 5 years. I don’t know though.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I liked Byron’s. Great selection, good price (especially if you buy bulk), but the place is in a **** hole. Always panhandled by the homeless, always see people that have the look like they are up to no good. I went in there once for 10 mins and when I came out there was a drunk passed out in front of my car. That being said, I haven’t been there since I moved to Tulsa, so it could be cleaned up in the last 5 years. I don’t know though.
Yeah. No. Not really. That area is currently "gentrifying", but it's not quite there yet.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
There is a store in Edmond that has a great selection. It's at Edmond rd/2nd street and Littler. Can't recall the name though.
I used to save a few bucks at Byrons but now I can find what it m looking for for less in Edmond

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For price and selection....+1 for Byron's

For selection and a little higher price....Grand Cru. Great selection but a little higher than Byron's. Grand Cru SW corner of North May and Britton

****Call ahead and see if they have it**** That's what I do.

Cheers.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I knew Byron's was the best thirty some years ago but I haven't been there in about that long.

I guess not much has changed in the discount liquor market around here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom