Best Whisk(e)y Prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I liked Byron’s. Great selection, good price (especially if you buy bulk), but the place is in a **** hole. Always panhandled by the homeless, always see people that have the look like they are up to no good. I went in there once for 10 mins and when I came out there was a drunk passed out in front of my car. That being said, I haven’t been there since I moved to Tulsa, so it could be cleaned up in the last 5 years. I don’t know though.
Yeah. No. Not really. That area is currently "gentrifying", but it's not quite there yet.
I haven't seen that issue when going to Byron's, but it's typically during mid day when going there when I'm in OKC for something.
When we really stock up is when in Kansas or Missouri.
A 2 liter of Windsor Canadian in Ok at my store in Ponca City costs $19.95 before tax. In Missouri, it costs $12.99, in Kansas it's $14.99.
Bryon's in OKC has it for $16.99, The store in Tulsa at Mingo and 61st has it for $15.99
Our store in Ponca told me that all prices are regulated by the Liquor board so it's all the same across Ok, but I can assure you it's not.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Byron's is the largest liquor store in Oklahoma City. Andy's was the second. They are now midwest liquors in midwest city. I usually buy from them as they have a great selection.
I was in Midwest Liquors a couple of months back. Nice store with a decent selection.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen that issue when going to Byron's, but it's typically during mid day when going there when I'm in OKC for something.
A 2 liter of Windsor Canadian in Ok at my store in Ponca City costs $19.95 before tax. In Missouri, it costs $12.99, in Kansas it's $14.99.
Bryon's in OKC has it for $16.99, The store in Tulsa at Mingo and 61st has it for $15.99
Our store in Ponca told me that all prices are regulated by the Liquor board so it's all the same across Ok, but I can assure you it's not.
Yeah that's BS. That's the reason I'm price shopping. I hate to pay more than I have to for anything. Money is too hard to come by.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Yeah my step father is a scotch drinker and when they go see my brother in Colorado they stock up. With their case discount he’s buying Chevas or Dewars 12 for the price of the gut-rot scotch here.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Grand Cru on N May and Britton is larger than Byron's as of now. Dang I wish I could remember the owners name of Grand Cru....very nice guy....sits in his office(up high...South side inside store or is always stocking shelves and helping folks) or answers questions on the floor.

**Every Saturday ...when you walk in ...Grand Cru on the shelf has free stuff. All kinds of distributer stuff...tumblers(glass), Thunder logo stuff....free.***

A few months back he was one of the first getting his coolers ready....he has beer in the coolers but they're not turned on yet...the law kicks in November.
Awesome selections of bourbon/whiskey.... LOTS of scotch....beer...wine...and a GREAT keg selection.
***Again...awesome selection....but a dollar or two higher than Byron's*** During Christmas he(Grand Cru) has STOCKED hard to get American whiskey and bourbon....where as Byron's had raffles and drawings(to buy) to get the same rare stuff Grand Cru had on the shelf.

In Byron's during Christmas(yes...I visit several liquor stores to see who has what)...is when I met Jeff Arnet/Master Distiller of Jack Daniel's. I grabbed a bottle of Jack 132proof and had him sign it for me.
autograph 1.jpg

autograph 5.jpg

Byron's is in the process of expanding. "Word is" that Byron's grandson(who runs it/manager) is going to expand into that little parking lot on the North side and put a beer cooler there. Even with that in place(when it happens) he might be bigger than Grand Cru

Last edited:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
I don't necessarily need the biggest liquor store, although that should mean they have a better selection, and I don't mind paying an extra dollar or two if it's a nice store that has what I'm looking for, but when their prices are 20% or more than others, I just won't buy what they're selling.

I hear of these awesome liquor stores that have free samples and great whiskey tasting events and I would be willing to pay a bit more at a store with those services but not because a place just happens to warehouse a lot of booze.

Since most liquor stores here don't care to carry a decent selection and have fair pricing, I really wish we could order liquor online and have it delivered to our door like in some other states. That would make things much simpler.

Last edited:

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're ever in Houston....visit Specs downtown. It's FREAKIN' AWESOME and I miss it. Samples every Saturday....they have GI-NORMOUS selection...sell cigars, glassware and have an awesome deli/specialty grocery store ...all in one!!! Did I mention how much I miss it.

You could put 10-Byron's(at least) in the Specs downtown Houston.

Whatever Texas liquor laws are incorporated...Oklahoma NEEDS TO COPY TEXAS ON LIQUOR LAWS!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe we'll get samples on Saturday and BIG stores/selection.

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-19_9-31-0.jpeg
    upload_2018-5-19_9-31-0.jpeg
    9.6 KB · Views: 59

Latest posts

Top Bottom