Best Whisk(e)y Prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, reading some of the comments in this thread really makes me realize how much I've saved over the years by not being one to drink alcoholic beverages.

Now, if someone starts the comments about buying camera equipment, I'm in deep trouble.

To each his own on what one buys.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear of these awesome liquor stores that have free samples and great whiskey tasting events and I would be willing to pay a bit more at a store with those services but not because a place just happens to warehouse a lot of booze.

When we go to Wichita Ks, our favorite store is Groves, across the street from Costco. Just about every Saturday, they have some distiller reps in there handing out samples, then go to Costco’s liquor store where they are doing samples as well.
Makes the shopping experience much more pleasurable.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They’re all over the south but the two I’ve been to are in Springfield and Branson. I think there’s one in Springdale. Could eat some AQ chicken while you’re at that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We spend time every year trout fishing on Taneycomo in Branson. Where is this located? It would be hard to beat the $12.99 at Walmart, but I'm willing to look.

freewookie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We spend time every year trout fishing on Taneycomo in Branson. Where is this located? It would be hard to beat the $12.99 at Walmart, but I'm willing to look.

Down by the landing.

483 Branson Landing Blvd, Branson, MO 65616

It may not beat Walmart but I’ll pay a little extra to avoid going into a Walmart.

Also, remembered there’s one in Joplin.

freewookie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're ever in Houston....visit Specs downtown. It's FREAKIN' AWESOME and I miss it. Samples every Saturday....they have GI-NORMOUS selection...sell cigars, glassware and have an awesome deli/specialty grocery store ...all in one!!! Did I mention how much I miss it.

You could put 10-Byron's(at least) in the Specs downtown Houston.

Whatever Texas liquor laws are incorporated...Oklahoma NEEDS TO COPY TEXAS ON LIQUOR LAWS!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe we'll get samples on Saturday and BIG stores/selection.

Used to live in H town and Specs rocks! I’d heard they were entering the Dallas market.

Latest posts

Top Bottom