Better carry a back-up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just saw that I was tagged in this thread, and I guess I’m missing something since I don’t wear a vest. In the cool months, I wear a Carhartt 1/4 zip sweatshirt (not a hoodie) that conceals my gun, and in the summer, I just leave my shirt tail hanging out. I‘m way too hot natured to wear a cover garment in the summer time.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just saw that I was tagged in this thread, and I guess I’m missing something since I don’t wear a vest. In the cool months, I wear a Carhartt sweatshirt (not a hoodie) that conceals my gun, and in the summer, I just leave my shirt tail hanging out. I‘m way to hot natured to wear a cover garment in the summer time.
We had a friend that wore a sport jacket at night as a cover garment. Who in the hell wears a sport jacket anymore? Even my wife commented that it made him stand out like a sore thumb and everybody knew he was carrying.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Scottevest that I wear a lot on the warmer months. It’s a lightweight cover. I keep one in my truck as a last minute cover should I need it. These guys are very liberal, I hate to say anything nice about their product. I also have a nasty leather vest I got from NRA. It conseals a 45 in inside pocket nicely. I just grab with the 45 already in it when headed out to Lowe’s etc.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years ago when I was on the security team at church, I wore one of the 5.11 undershirts with the concealed pocket, but that thing made me sweat like a pig. I’m pretty sure my wife threw it away, because the permanent sweat stains were so bad on it.
After I lost weight a couple years ago, I started carrying appendix IWB, and with my shirt tail untucked, I find it a lot easier to conceal there than at 4 o’clock. I worry about my shirt riding up carrying at 4, but I never have that problem with appendix.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago when I was on the security team at church, I wore one of the 5.11 undershirts with the concealed pocket, but that thing made me sweat like a pig. I’m pretty sure my wife threw it away, because the permanent sweat stains were so bad on it.
After I lost weight a couple years ago, I started carrying appendix IWB, and with my shirt tail untucked, I find it a lot easier to conceal there than at 4 o’clock. I worry about my shirt riding up carrying at 4, but I never have that problem with appendix.
I have a nice appendix holster but I need to drop the belly flab a bit first to be more comfortable

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just saw that I was tagged in this thread, and I guess I’m missing something since I don’t wear a vest. In the cool months, I wear a Carhartt 1/4 zip sweatshirt (not a hoodie) that conceals my gun, and in the summer, I just leave my shirt tail hanging out. I‘m way too hot natured to wear a cover garment in the summer time.
I believe I read before where you said "Two is one, one is none!", that is why.

Might have been a post about shotguns or muzzloaders though.

It is all about the back-up sandwich! :pms2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom