Better fill up soon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was a kid I couldn't afford .18 cents per gallon but today I can afford $2.50. The difference is there aren't any girls my age I'd want to chase. That is a real problem with inflation-associated with haircuts .50 cents then and now $10.00 plus and I don't have as much hair to cut. That seems unfair somehow.

You should have asked me years ago. All I have to do is buy the hair cutting equipment and my wife cuts my hair. She's been doing that for me for almost 50 years. Now that we are living full-time in an RV and doing some traveling, I had her start cutting it off at about 1/8 inch. Doesn't take long to cut it all at that length. (It also helped to make the decision to cut it that short when I discovered that the hair on the top of my head was really getting thin.)

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We could easily fix the economy. Stop depending on these countries like Saudi Arabia for our oil. Just think of the jobs we could create if we used domestic oil only. Heck, we have so much NG we could run for over a thousand years. But instead of our crooked government going to that fuel they want to stick with oil. Why? Because they can make billions ripping people like us off. You can say they don’t dictate the pieces all you want but they do. Natural gas is clean brining and more efficient. Heaven forbid we switch to that. There is no other reason than money why they don’t. And I’m not talking about them being concerned that the cost would be too much for us. They don’t give two craps about us. CNG is around $1.41 right now in Shawnee and Davenport. At our OKC stations it’s a little more. Regular gas is almost $3.00. Hmm.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We could easily fix the economy. Stop depending on these countries like Saudi Arabia for our oil. Just think of the jobs we could create if we used domestic oil only. Heck, we have so much NG we could run for over a thousand years. But instead of our crooked government going to that fuel they want to stick with oil. Why? Because they can make billions ripping people like us off. You can say they don’t dictate the pieces all you want but they do. Natural gas is clean brining and more efficient. Heaven forbid we switch to that. There is no other reason than money why they don’t. And I’m not talking about them being concerned that the cost would be too much for us. They don’t give two craps about us. CNG is around $1.41 right now in Shawnee and Davenport. At our OKC stations it’s a little more. Regular gas is almost $3.00. Hmm.

I don't know how CNG is compared to LPG, but back in the '70's and '80's, it was known that LPG was hard on engines. I'm not a mechanic, so I don't know details of what was wrong, but I know that if someone ran only LPG in their pickups and decided to go back to running gasoline, they had to do extra work to carburetors in order to do so. In addition, LPG didn't have the pulling power (we were dealing with farm vehicles) that gasoline did.

And, unless they get a LOT MORE CNG stations in the country, I'm never going back to a compressed gas. I've yet to see a CNG station since we left Oklahoma 4 years ago. And I don't remember there being a lot in Oklahoma when we left.

It's like the Tesla electric cars out here. Those owners buy their Teslas for whatever reason and then they drive through town wanting to "charge" their battery for 10 or 20 minutes because their phone app/Tesla "gauge" says they lack 10 minutes of getting to their next charging station, which may be over 100 miles or so away. (Our RV park is listed in the Tesla books as a charging location.) Also, the Tesla owners don't want to pay the price for charging because we won't charge "by the minute."

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I topped off the pickup this morning in Norman at the Homeland where I always get gas.

For regular unleaded it was $2.94 per gallon......it's gone up 25¢ per gallon since my last fill up sixteen days ago.

Last edited:

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the LPG back in the 80’s was dry and caused ring wear. Vaporized gasoline provides lubrication.
There are oilers available that suck minute (and adjustable) amounts of cylinder/valve lubricant through the intake.

We used 'em on LPG V-4 Wisconsin engines on hot-oil trucks when I worked for an oil-field service company. :drunk2:

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know how CNG is compared to LPG, but back in the '70's and '80's, it was known that LPG was hard on engines. I'm not a mechanic, so I don't know details of what was wrong, but I know that if someone ran only LPG in their pickups and decided to go back to running gasoline, they had to do extra work to carburetors in order to do so. In addition, LPG didn't have the pulling power (we were dealing with farm vehicles) that gasoline did.

And, unless they get a LOT MORE CNG stations in the country, I'm never going back to a compressed gas. I've yet to see a CNG station since we left Oklahoma 4 years ago. And I don't remember there being a lot in Oklahoma when we left.

It's like the Tesla electric cars out here. Those owners buy their Teslas for whatever reason and then they drive through town wanting to "charge" their battery for 10 or 20 minutes because their phone app/Tesla "gauge" says they lack 10 minutes of getting to their next charging station, which may be over 100 miles or so away. (Our RV park is listed in the Tesla books as a charging location.) Also, the Tesla owners don't want to pay the price for charging because we won't charge "by the minute."
My last work truck ran off of both cng and gas. It starts on gas and switches over to cng. Or you can turn manually switch between gas and cng. Whichever one you wanted to use. It doesn’t hurt the engines at all. And I drive thousands of miles a month. Maybe a small loss of power but not enough to really notice. You are correct a just the stations. There aren’t many out there. Which sucks now that my current work truck runs off of cng only. And sometimes for whatever reason our compressor switches off and when I come in to work the next day it didn’t fill my truck up. So if I have a long day I have to go right outside our yard to the public cng fill station and fill it there. Makes a lot of sense. I guess they don’t add more because there isn’t enough demand for it. If it didn’t cost so much to convert more people would probably do it. I don’t ever think cng will ever be our primary fuel. Even though it is better than gas. Much cleaner burning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom