beware of Walmart online grocery substitutions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like WalMart. I hope they keep doing well because completion is good for the marketplace.
.gov likes them too, even been able to have them close stores for special ops. China also likes them considering they own the largest of ships which go between here and china. Wally is out to kill any competition and once that occurs the public is screwed.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Join the club and just avoid Walmart all together. Support your local grocery stores, most of them offer the same service.
Id love to be able to do that. Just isnt possible to do with the with the supply chain the way it is. Especially here in Lawton. Shopping statrs out at the small chain and ends up at walmart because couldnt get what I needed. Pretty much how I end up on Amazon too

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
.gov likes them too, even been able to have them close stores for special ops. China also likes them considering they own the largest of ships which go between here and china. Wally is out to kill any competition and once that occurs the public is screwed.

If you kill Wally someone else will just step up and take his place. And all these retailers are buying the same junk from China. So whats the point in paying more for Chinese crap at the Mom & Pop when I can get it for less at WalMart? I’m not rich so I’m gonna go where I can get the most bang for my buck.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you kill Wally someone else will just step up and take his place. And all these retailers are buying the same junk from China. So whats the point in paying more for Chinese crap at the Mom & Pop when I can get it for less at WalMart? I’m not rich so I’m gonna go where I can get the most bang for my buck.
Blue collar, hourly wage and far from rich but I'll spend the extra dollar to support mom & pop.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I‘m glad you got the extra dollar. If I want an extra dollar I gotta sell something. Running outta things to sell.…
90+ miles from me, I'd offer up some homegrown yardbird if ya was closer. Extra $ I don't have, I'm offering tools up for sale so that I can fund a cold room otherwise it'll be a long time before it materializes. Godspeed to ya bro, it is getting tougher I know.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's nice you can order groceries online to pick up in the parking lot at no extra charge. They will substitute something for something else or you can specify a substitution for something when you order. I ordered generic new york rye bread online the other day. When I picked up the groceries, they "were out of" this bread and I got a loaf of Pepperidge Farm brand for the same price. The ripoff is that the name brand bread was only 16 ounces (1 pound). My generic rye, whenever they have it, is 24 ounces. I did not realize I got less bread for my money until I got home. I even like the taste of my generic rye better. From now on, I will specify a substitution for bread when I shop online. I would have rather gotten a 24 ounce loaf of generic potato bread for $1.88 than 50% less rye bread which doesn't even taste as good as what I buy ordinarily.

Walmart Online Grocery ordering needs to be improved too. The ordering system should be connected closely with store inventory. WalMart should know exactly how many loaves of a specific bread (things of Aim toothpaste or cans of Campbell's tomato soup) are on the shelves in each and every one of their stores with this being the hi-tec 21st century and all. The Wal-Mart ordering page should be able to accurately indicate what is in stock and out of stock at your own hometown wally-world you designate as your pickup store. Wal-Mart is the single wealthiest business in the world. Their stock control system should not be so lame. With computers, any retailer worth its salt should know exactly what they have on hand at all times.

Walmart calls it "Pickup and Delivery" service. It has a big inventory management flaw in it however.
When you place your order, even if the inventory says there are ten loaves of your favorite bread, they can’t tell that one guy just grabbed 4 loaves, and two other families just put 3 loaves each into their carts.
It won’t affect the inventory until the pay for it at checkout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom