Bhut Jolokia AKA Ghost Pepper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like sliced, pickled jalapenos. We buy the gallon (?) cans, and eat 'em with pizza, on sandwiches, and with lots of other stuff.

Anything hotter just doesn't interest me. We threw out the last small jar of habaneros we had.

Life has enough pain without self-inflicting more. :drunk2:

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
take a couple dried reapers, put in skillet with a couple tablespoons of oil to let the flavor blossom a bit, add several cloves of garlic, sliced onion, yellow squash.

it's delicious, but you'll need to do this outside or under a quality vent hood.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like sliced, pickled jalapenos. We buy the gallon (?) cans, and eat 'em with pizza, on sandwiches, and with lots of other stuff.

Anything hotter just doesn't interest me. We threw out the last small jar of habaneros we had.

Life has enough pain without self-inflicting more. :drunk2:

i grow them and pickle quart jars of japapenos. love em

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do habanero in a lot of stuff, replaced Tabasco with the Habanero version years ago. Ghost pepper is a whole 'nother level and I can't imagine the Reaper..... talk about culo del fuego.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We also use tabasco, and generally keep both the regular and chipotle on hand. The chipotle has a good flavor, but isn't hot as the regular.

Love that chipotle stuff. It has very little heat but it's got some genuine smoky flavor for sure. I just add my pickled japs for the heat.

Eating reapers or Bhuts just doesn't interest me. Habanero is my limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom