Bicyclist dies after being struck by pickup truck in north Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If they have bikers shorts, helmet, calves the size of watermelons, then they usually follow the rules extremely well. It's the ones who use the road and vehicle laws until they get to an intersection where the lights don't meet their needs, they pop the curb then use the sidewalk and start using pedestrian laws.........can't do both, it usually doesn't turn out well.

With those Spandex shorts and shirts a lot of them resemble three-gun shooters.

You can usually distinguish between the two by waist size though.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was riding my electric bicycle I follow all traffic laws.
I seen another bicyclist but a real one not red neck like me and we were traveling in different directions and I waved and he just gave me a dirty look.

I suppose I need spandex and helmet instead of cargo shorts and ball cap.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This may be true but so are a lot of drivers. I used to cycle a lot but I did it mostly around lakes to avoid most of the road rage that bicycles seem to spark.

I used to cycle around Hefner and up on the dam would run the speed limit. People would get frustrated up there some time and speed around like they were going to a fire. I'm thinking, if you are in a big hurry, why in the h*ll are you taking the scenic drive around the lake??
I’m definitely not arguing that there are ALOT of a-hole car drivers, but the bicyclist win by percentage around here.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was riding my electric bicycle I follow all traffic laws.
I seen another bicyclist but a real one not red neck like me and we were traveling in different directions and I waved and he just gave me a dirty look.

I suppose I need spandex and helmet instead of cargo shorts and ball cap.

Don’t wave at those guys! C’mon man, you don’t wanna be associated with those people.

Besides all that, from my personal experience they are likely liberal, and probably progressive. I know a few bike riders. They are most definitely not pro 2A.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t wave at those guys! C’mon man, you don’t wanna be associated with those people.

Besides all that, from my personal experience they are likely liberal, and probably progressive. I know a few bike riders. They are most definitely not pro 2A.

I gotta be fair - a buddy and longtime shooter, Tom Dodson was a big time cyclist. He rode all over the state, thousands of miles I'd guess.

He was also an Appleseed instructor, and an extremely dependable Run N Gun RO. Damn fine guy, and I'm better for having known him. RIP Tomcat

He was the exception I believe.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was at Willhoite cams in OKC and a friend of Davids came in and was riding his bicycle.
No not a crack head a decked out bicycle rider with padded shorts and helmet and tight shirt.

He was bragging about his shorts and how well they fit and how soft and cushy they were.
The third time he mentioned those shorts I started walking towards him with my hand opened and hanging low and said Man I want to feel those shorts you are so proud of let me have a squeeze.

He quickly backed up and said NO and jumped on his bike and rode away.
He has never been back to the camshaft shop.
We were laughing pretty hard as he got on his bicycle and rode away.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I gotta be fair - a buddy and longtime shooter, Tom Dodson was a big time cyclist. He rode all over the state, thousands of miles I'd guess.

He was also an Appleseed instructor, and an extremely dependable Run N Gun RO. Damn fine guy, and I'm better for having known him. RIP Tomcat

Sounds like a great guy. My loss for not knowing him.

Hell, I know they gotta be out there, law of percentages and all that, I just don’t know any of ‘em. I prolly need to get out more. That’s on me most likely.

As bad as they are on the north side of OKC, you’d have to experience it in the Dallas metro to believe it. Like riding in the middle of the lane on arterial surface streets, when there is a bike lane on the side of the road. Crossing against lights, en masse. I mean a whole line of the bastards. It’s every weekend without ceasing as far as I can tell. Not sure about when the weather is bad. I don’t get out in that in Dallas in a vehicle so I wouldn’t know.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score

I’ve known quite a few. I know a retired Marine Gunny down in the great state of Texas who rides 10-20 miles at least twice a week. Extremely conservative guy. My future brother in law trains for triathlons and puts tons of miles on his bike, but he’s a Mexican born naturalized US citizen, so I don’t know if he counts as an “acceptable conservative” by many on here.

As long as there are kayakers, bikers will be on my good list. I can’t express how much I dislike most kayakers I have run across. Motorcyclists also have bicyclists beat most of the time.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw two bicyclists going the wrong way up the off-ramp from the eastbound Creek to northbound 75 just a few days ago (at least, that's the direction traffic is supposed to go). I'm not sure what they were planning on doing, as bicycles aren't allowed on the turnpikes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom