Biden Admin Amassing Millions of Records[out-of-business stores]on US Gun Owners Amid New Crackdown on Firearms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly^^^^^. The “files” that are amassing are those from dealers that have gone out of business, and those are shipped to a warehouse very similar to the final scene in Indiana Jones.

Next time you buy something, listen to the conversation the dealer has with the NICS clerk. That is all the information they could possibly retain from an active dealer. The individual weapon information is not reported.

These internet would-be investigators have become very proficient at taking a small bit of information and blowing it up into a grand conspiracy.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly^^^^^. The “files” that are amassing are those from dealers that have gone out of business, and those are shipped to a warehouse very similar to the final scene in Indiana Jones.

Next time you buy something, listen to the conversation the dealer has with the NICS clerk. That is all the information they could possibly retain from an active dealer. The individual weapon information is not reported.

These internet would-be investigators have become very proficient at taking a small bit of information and blowing it up into a grand conspiracy.

The current issue would be though . . . if the Biden admin makes the records permanent. This would mean the 20 year retain then destroy allowance would be no more. The records would be kept forever at that point.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I quit my gun business in 1993, I went to the BATF KCMO federal bldg office. The agent who waited on me had done site visits to a local shop I worked the counter in like holidays, pre deer season, covered while ownerwas on vacation,etc. So we actually knew each other pretty good. I handed him my records and safe inventory with pictures of each gun showing serial number along with the 4473 forms. He handed me the pictures back saying that they didn't want them, and told me the 4473s we're headed to a paper file storage. He joked about the record storage had no available personnel to file and keep up with the mountain of paper. I had been at the KC VA records a few days before, they had too few file room personnel themselves, so if BATF did have old store records, they would not necessarily be found in the vast storage for a long time. Pre online firearms records are probably an enigma vortex of mildew stanky
paper by now.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

They are now. Why do you think the ATF moved the weapon's information to the first page, and at the very top no less. And since a lot of places have moved to the e-form how can you prove that the ATF isn't collecting the weapon data? Do I still buy from gun stores? Yes. Worst comes to worst my guns will be sold to an anonymous buyer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom