Biden and the 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish when they passed these laws and bans that it applied to everyone from the bottom to the top including the FBI,CIA SS, leo's everyone no exceptions, if they did and had to do without they would think twice about what they are doing but until they are personally held accountable for their stupid mistakes they will keep doing them.

AgC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
During the 2020 ca,mpaign the NRA said that he callled for outlawng 9 mm handguns and amunition for civilian use. They said the NRA was not being truthful and the MSM backed Biden up. If memory serves, WaPo gave the NRA Pinocchio points for the claim.

Now he seems to be confrmiing what the NRA said orginally.

Now I wish I never knew... Sad sad times.

orangevale

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What exactly is he saying here? I am not following the point he is making... Can anyone help me out?
My most charitable interpretation is that Biden is speaking in reference to the Federal “Assault Weapons Ban” (AWB) of 1994. That AWB included pistols that met the following parameters (Reference Wikipedia):

“Semi-automatic pistols with detachable magazines and two or more of the following:

Magazine that attaches outside the pistol grip

Threaded barrel to attach barrel extender, flash suppressor, handgrip, or suppressor

Barrel shroud safety feature that prevents burns to the operator

A manufactured weight of 50 ounces (1.41kg) or more when the pistol is unloaded

A semi-automatic version of a fully automatic firearm.”

This law assigned AW status to 9mm pistols including but not limited to the: Intratec TEC-9, American Arms Spectre, Sterling MK-7, Calico M-950 semi-auto, and HK SP89.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since this is the most deadly round as proven by the President specifying it as so, please turn in all of your 9mm guns and ammo so there will be no more shooting deaths in the U.S.
Thank you for your cooperation in bringing closure to this issue! :uhwhat:

Biden calls 9mm ‘high-caliber weapons,’ suggests banning them
Bradford Betz
Mon, May 30, 2022, 2:32 PM

President Biden on Monday took aim at 9mm handguns, appearing to suggest that the "high-caliber weapons" ought to be banned.

The president made the remarks outside the White House after returning from a visit to the site of a mass shooting in Texas where 21 people, including 19 elementary school children, were killed last week.

Recounting a visit to a New York trauma hospital, Biden said doctors showed him X-rays of gunshot wounds.

"They said a .22-caliber bullet will lodge in the lung, and we can probably get it out — may be able to get it and save the life. A 9mm bullet blows the lung out of the body," Biden said.

"So, the idea of these high-caliber weapons is, uh, there’s simply no rational basis for it in terms of self-protection, hunting," Biden added. "Remember, the constitution was never absolute."

"You couldn’t buy a cannon when the Second Amendment was passed," Biden said. "You couldn’t go out and purchase a lot of weaponry."

The president, however, ruled out the possibility of issuing an executive order on guns, saying: "I can’t dictate this stuff."

"I can do the things I’ve done and any executive action I can take, I’ll continue to take. But I can’t outlaw a weapon. I can’t change a background check. I can’t do that," he said.

Biden’s comments were in line with his tough stance on guns during the 2020 presidential campaign. Speaking during a fundraising event in Seattle in November 2019, Biden said he supported the Second Amendment but called absolutist arguments about gun-rights "bizarre."

"Why should we allow people to have military-style weapons including pistols with 9-mm bullets and can hold 10 or more rounds," he said.

The 9mm round is the most popular handgun caliber in the United States, accounting for well over half of all handguns produced in 2019, according to Shooting Industry magazine. The data showed that throughout the 2010s, 9mm pistols made up more than 40% of all pistols produced in the United States – or roughly four in every ten pistols.

Latest posts

Top Bottom