Biden calls for gun control after Boulder shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
upload_2021-3-26_1-1-24.jpeg

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It starts with "High capacity Magazine" - and then it's "You may only have 3 bullets"

It starts with "Assault style Rifle" - and then it's "All rifles"

It starts with "Common Sense gun reform" - and then it's "All guns must be removed"

It starts with "Red Flag laws; Stricter background checks" - and then it's "Everyone is mentally incapable of owning a gun" (Except our personal bodyguards, and personal military)

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The "we have to do SOMETHING" argument is one of my pet peeves,

Yep, I think this translates to: "I don't have any idea of what to do, but want to do something to feel better about it" And I get it, when you see 10 innocent people killed, any sane person wants it to stop. And if someone doesn't have strong feelings about guns and the 2A they are an easy and obvious target.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I work with a guy that just wasnt getting it. We were having the AR ‘conversation’ one day and he exclaims that the magazine is to big. I give him the WTH look. He carries a 357 to work on his rent houses in certain areas of town. I asked him how he would feel if he could only carry two rounds in his revolver. I got the same WTH look back. The the look changed to a lightbulb look.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Totally disagree.
Kids are in school getting indoctrination almost 8 hours a day. Then have to come home and do homework on the propaganda for another couple of hours. Parents get them up in the morning, send them off, and get them for a couple of hours in the evening before putting them to bed.
I read some families, including my own son that are fighting the indoctrination with home schooling after normal school hours. The kids are fighting against the conservative policies saying their teachers are smarter and know better because he doesn't have a college degree.
He is increasingly frustrated and doesn't know how to reverse the course. He is trying, so I have to give him props.

He deserves props. That's raising his kids. Children naturally rebel as they grow, the difference is the parents that will give them the time of their day to address what they've heard and learned at school.

I've got a sister and bro in law that are hands off. All they know is report cards at the end of the year because they prefer their kids come home and entertain themselves quietly in their own rooms as to not interupt parental TV time after a long day at work. Took a nephew out to lunch one day, he opened up and started talking about how a female friend was on the warpath against a mutual male friend because the male friend declared he was "super straight." I asked what that was, and it means that boy said his interest in girls doesn't extend to include trans girls... and the other kids are trying to cancel culture him for it. It's 9th grade in a small OK town in your neck of the woods. I assume peer pressure is alive and well, but instead of booze and drugs, the new social club currency is woke issues they consume online.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's the thing... people want the government to "do SOMETHING". Passing gun control laws is relatively easy. They don't work, because they don't address the real problem. But addressing the real problem is hard, you have to be able to evaluate and address mental health, and to be able at least to a degree to predict what someone will do.

Liberals in particular don't see past the superficial remedy, so there is widespread support for banning guns. When you point out that 99.5% of guns are not a threat, and that making it illegal to buy a gun won't stop people who are already intent on violating laws against murder or assault, they always jump to the emotional "well we have to do SOMETHING" argument.

Gun control laws are just meant to "do SOMETHING". They've never worked, and will never work because they don't address the real problem, but they look like we are "doing SOMETHING".

Latest posts

Top Bottom