Biden DOJ announces new gun control rule

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's the only way the government knows how to operate. Ignore the bad guy behavior and demonize the law-abiding with more onerous restrictions. As far as I know every dealer has been required to provide a lock with every handgun transferred since 2005.

So basically they're saying a 2nd law regulation requiring pretty much the same thing, only expanding it to long guns, will keep us safe.

This is more pandering to the anti-gun side, nothing more. This is a result of someone saying, "We have to do SOMETHING!". Well, this is something. It's completely meaningless and useless and everyone knows it, but...it's SOMETHING.

I really hate stupidity. Everyone does something stupid once in a while. I get that.

But some people make stupid a lifestyle.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My reading of it says it's a SAFE, not just a trigger lock. It must be a "safe, gun safe, gun case, lock box or other device that is designed to be or can be used to store a firearm"

A trigger lock wouldn't suffice in that case because you can't use it to store a firearm in the manner as the other items listed. And you can bet the DA in New York and Chicago will press that all the way to the supreme court.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My reading of it says it's a SAFE, not just a trigger lock. It must be a "safe, gun safe, gun case, lock box or other device that is designed to be or can be used to store a firearm"

A trigger lock wouldn't suffice in that case because you can't use it to store a firearm in the manner as the other items listed. And you can bet the DA in New York and Chicago will press that all the way to the supreme court.
That's the way I read it as well.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
My new shirt from my daughter.

FJB.jpg

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That's how I read it too. Without seeing the actual text I wonder if there is something about having a gun case for EVERY firearm in the store, meaning a huge inventory that FFL's cannot afford. If they sell rifles do they have to have safes big enough to store them? I wouldn't put anything past Garland and the ATF.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now lets circle back to why we need this? I mean seriously how many people have accidents in the US with unloaded guns in gun dealers shops?
How many? One? two a year? Just ridiculousness. President poopy pants wasting time passing laws with absolutely no evidence they are even needed.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
“Under the new rule, federally approved gun sellers will be required to have gun storage or safety devices available onsite for potential buyers as required by the Gun Control Act.”

In additon to saying gun storage OR safety devices, It also says available onsite for potential buyers.

I would think a couple locking hard cases each for pistol and rifle would not be to bad, may even be an additional revenue source for the dealer. (When given lemonades, freeze them and throw them at the commie bastages as hard as you can)

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, that's not how I read it. According to the actual document, not a definition taken from a news article, the DOJ defines it as this:

Secure gun storage or safety device.
(1) A device that, when installed on a firearm, is designed to prevent the firearm from being operated without first deactivating the device;
(2) A device incorporated into the design of the firearm that is designed to prevent the operation of the firearm by anyone not having access to the device; or
(3) A safe, gun safe, gun case, lock box, or other device that is designed to be or can be used to store a firearm and that is designed to be unlocked only by means of a key, a combination, or other similar means.

Maybe I'm missing something. Wouldn't be the first time I didn't understand government legalese.

Latest posts

Top Bottom