Biden expected to release rule on ghost guns in days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Someone suggested that guns with the S/N filed out were being counted as ghost guns. I can see where that might be part of it, but I am having trouble with the idea that there are that many criminals that put out the effort to build a gun when stealing one is bound to be faster than looking up the parts, getting the tools, putting the darn thing together, and then leaving it at the crime scene.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Someone suggested that guns with the S/N filed out were being counted as ghost guns. I can see where that might be part of it, but I am having trouble with the idea that there are that many criminals that put out the effort to build a gun when stealing one is bound to be faster than looking up the parts, getting the tools, putting the darn thing together, and then leaving it at the crime scene.
Gangs are pretty intricate organizations. They have armorers. No joke

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is the cost to build a basic 80% glock? Or any other homemade gun? Serious question.

I'm more inclined to think that there are a few sources turning them to a particular clientele. Can an enterprising person turn a decent profit marketing them to criminals that mostly acquire them cheap or free to begin with.

Reed4ammo

Thrash Panda Supreme
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1649705689568.jpg

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Implying or calling someone a FUDD because they comment that there is an actual problem with un-serialized firearms is a personal attack.
On an unrelated to this thread note, I'm pretty sure I sawt the term cracker used in another thread as well. That's a derogatory term, like using the N word. Yet it's still here.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last I heard the 2A hadn't been changed since ratification. When it was ratified it applied to actual military weaponry. Muskets, rifles, cannon, naval ships... What's changed? /sarcasm

Serial numbers aren't the issue. 3D printed components aren't the issue. Magazines and their capacities aren't the issue. Calibers, action types, colors, features, none of that **** matters. The term "gun crime" is a misnomer and is like fingernails on a chalkboard when I hear it. The problem is just simply crime. Fix that...

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm confused by how they can ban something that's not a gun. It's an inanimate object, a paper weight. There is no provision for the things that would make it a gun. So having said that, does this include that parts lowes carries to make zip guns? Napa should already be getting their panties in a wad over the form 1 fiasco now that they are unregistered suppressor parts dealers.

CC379

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My very good buddy runs a homicide investigation team for a very large city that starts with C. He tells me they’re everywhere. Most all pistols he recovers are the 80%glocks.
it’s a big problem.
what do you mean by recovers? if he finds 80% of ghost guns and only 20% of other guns maybe the guns with the serial numbers are the real problem

Latest posts

Top Bottom