Biden's Incoming WH Deputy Chief Of Staff touted "mandatory buybacks" of AR-15s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
True. But it's actually more difficult than that to change, or amend the Constitution.

The process requires that an amendment either be proposed by Congress with a 2/3 majority vote in both the House and the Senate, or by a constitutional convention called for by 2/3 of the States (State Legislatures). In order to become a part of the U.S. Constitution, it must then be ratified by 3/4 of the states. (currently 38 of 50 states). If the progressives get their wish and are able to bring say...Puerto Rico and The Swamp (Washington DC) into the Union as States, that could somewhat shift things in their favor. There are other territories as well to consider which could shift power , such as Guam and the U.S. Virgin islands.

It's actually not feasible, at least not in my mind as of today, that the 2A could be actually changed by either amendment or omission. As @1shott states above, a change of that magnitude will meet with strong resistance.

What is more concerning to me is that the interpretation of the 2A is ultimately left to the Court. As it stands today, we are at no real risk of it being swept away, but...if the Dems manage to stack the Supreme Court, and gain an upper hand, then the way in which the 2A is interpreted could radically change. It could be as simple as that. Unlikely, however.

I too have hope and faith in the future of the Nation; we will NOT be taken easily like sheep to the slaughter.

As for me, I don't give a good flying dung heap what the Supreme Court says if what it says is contrary to the Constitution. I am no less one of We the People than the Founding Fathers. I understand what they wrote and why. They wrote it in plain English so anyone can understand it. Anything other than what they wrote is seditious. The Supreme Court has been granted no power beyond what has been granted to it under the Constitution. The Constitution created the Supreme Court and the Constitution is its god. The same holds true to the other two branches of our government. We the People, being the entities that established and ordained the Constitution, are its god.

As for our rights, they are more sacrosanct than the Constitution. After all, the Constitution was established and granted certain powers by We the People derived from our sovereign rights. As an example, we have the right to defend ourselves and granted power derived from that right to the Constitution to defend us as a people.

Woody

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really hope you're wrong about that. There are an awful lot of folks who abide by the oath they took to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, against all enemies, foreign and domestic. That oath does not have an expiration date.
No arguing with you there. The problem is the younger generation knows little of this. They are taught from a young age in public schools that our great country is evil or bad. They know even less about how we got to where we are and the sacrifices paid.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So is the NFA constitutional? Exactly where is this alleged "line in the sand" that gun owners will not tolerate the crossing thereof?

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So is the NFA constitutional? Exactly where is this alleged "line in the sand" that gun owners will not tolerate the crossing thereof?
There are a lot of “bubbas” out there that I think are very close to determining or defining that line. When that line is crossed and they engage with the gun control gestapo, I think we ought to all start our own #metoo movement like the women did a few years ago regarding sexual harassment. We cannot afford to be silent or go unheard.

Latest posts

Top Bottom