Biden's Incoming WH Deputy Chief Of Staff touted "mandatory buybacks" of AR-15s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dunno fellas, Beto's a purty big ol boy, so when he comes a-knockin' and demands that you turn in your guns, you better be obey like a good serf or else!

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder, I’d forgotten his name, sort of like a nothing burger that faded into obscurity. Not like Socrates, Pliny the elder and Col. Cooper (may he RIP).

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes it is the law of the land today. Better hope Georgia elects those two republicans and keep the majority in the senate or it may not be the law of the land and the 15 to 5 majority they will have in the Supreme Court will swiftly support the new constitution that says you don't have the right to bear arms !

It takes a 2/3 majority vote of the house to change the Constitution.
I believe a change of that magnitude will meet with strong resistance.
I still have hope for this Republic.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't take a 2/3 majority vote of the senate to jack taxes up so high on guns and ammunition that the military won't even be able to afford them. Or it doesn't take 2/3 majority to ban "assault rifles" and "high capacity" magazines, or about a hundred other things that will effectively annihilate the second amendment.

They will never even try to amend the second amendment out of the constitution.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

True. But it's actually more difficult than that to change, or amend the Constitution.

The process requires that an amendment either be proposed by Congress with a 2/3 majority vote in both the House and the Senate, or by a constitutional convention called for by 2/3 of the States (State Legislatures). In order to become a part of the U.S. Constitution, it must then be ratified by 3/4 of the states. (currently 38 of 50 states). If the progressives get their wish and are able to bring say...Puerto Rico and The Swamp (Washington DC) into the Union as States, that could somewhat shift things in their favor. There are other territories as well to consider which could shift power , such as Guam and the U.S. Virgin islands.

It's actually not feasible, at least not in my mind as of today, that the 2A could be actually changed by either amendment or omission. As @1shott states above, a change of that magnitude will meet with strong resistance.

What is more concerning to me is that the interpretation of the 2A is ultimately left to the Court. As it stands today, we are at no real risk of it being swept away, but...if the Dems manage to stack the Supreme Court, and gain an upper hand, then the way in which the 2A is interpreted could radically change. It could be as simple as that. Unlikely, however.

I too have hope and faith in the future of the Nation; we will NOT be taken easily like sheep to the slaughter.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It doesn't take a 2/3 majority vote of the senate to jack taxes up so high on guns and ammunition that the military won't even be able to afford them. Or it doesn't take 2/3 majority to ban "assault rifles" and "high capacity" magazines, or about a hundred other things that will effectively annihilate the second amendment.

Agreed, as far as trying to actually do away with the 2A. Ammunition control could effectively neutralize the whole issue. Oh, okay, you can keep those assault weapons, but we'll make it so hard to get ammo that eventually, you will have nothing with which to fight than clubs.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Hence why the founders gave us a 2nd amendment.
Now to find those with the fortitude and determination the founders had to hold this together.

Latest posts

Top Bottom