Big Box Retailer Migration Plan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey all,

I would really like to start removing our purchases from Amazon, Target, Walmart, etc. For those who have made the transition, do you have any tips or recommendations? We are just starting to really try and "cut the cord". We have some smaller markets in town, but I have not checked their affiliations if any. Places like Natural Grocers, or Uptown Market (they seem more like a Whole Foods so a little suspect).

Online is nice, but I would also like to support Oklahoma's economy as much as possible.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like a bandaid...just rip it off and quit going. If you need it, you'll find it elsewhere. If you cant find it, you'll get to decide if you really NEED it or not.

I found a local grocery store here (Docs Country Mart) that'll suit my needs for food. That all but eliminates Walmart for me.

Apparently if you dont order stuff every other day on Amazon...you save a few bucks and I cant say I've gone without anything. I may have to go to the store to buy superglue now...but I still got my superglue without much hassle at all. I'm going on 6 months without Amazon and I'm still alive!

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i use duck duck go and search for the product i am looking for and ignore the first 20 or so results and just choose anything but amazon or walmart and the other ones. there are plenty of online retailers out there that can fill the online purchases. shop local as much as possible but need to stay away from those products like coke nike etc. no matter where they are.

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i use duck duck go and search for the product i am looking for and ignore the first 20 or so results and just choose anything but amazon or walmart and the other ones. there are plenty of online retailers out there that can fill the online purchases. shop local as much as possible but need to stay away from those products like coke nike etc. no matter where they are.
I will give this a try.
Like a bandaid...just rip it off and quit going. If you need it, you'll find it elsewhere. If you cant find it, you'll get to decide if you really NEED it or not.
Might have to give it a go!

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The wife and I have tried to move past Walmart but Tulsa needs some real, reliable grocers beyond them and Reasors. My wife has shopped the exact same list at Reasors and Walmart and Reasors is always about 30-40% more $. We ain’t po folks, but we ain’t the Vanderbilts so that’s a lot of money over the year.

Anyone got any good ideas for groceries around BA/E Tulsa? We do Costco for the bulk items to save money and the wife did Aldi’s a couple times and was like “meh”.

ETA: What we REALLY need is HEB!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom