Big Box Retailer Migration Plan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The wife and I have tried to move past Walmart but Tulsa needs some real, reliable grocers beyond them and Reasors. My wife has shopped the exact same list at Reasors and Walmart and Reasors is always about 30-40% more $. We ain’t po folks, but we ain’t the Vanderbilts so that’s a lot of money over the year.

Anyone got any good ideas for groceries around BA/E Tulsa? We do Costco for the bulk items to save money and the wife did Aldi’s a couple times and was like “meh”.

ETA: What we REALLY need is HEB!!!

Amen to the HEB!

I have refused for a very long time to darken the door of Walmart yet I do enjoy Sam's for the bulk buys and prices. Not the Vanderbilts here either but I do prefer the shopping experience at Reasor's over any place else I've gone in Tulsa. I've not made the type of direct cost comparison shopping that you have yet I just don't have the sense of being charged that kind of premium. I also like that they are locally/regionally owned.

Count me in with your wife on my reaction to Aldi's. I do shop there occasionally and at the end I'm left asking myself why I bothered.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sticking with WalMart. Too damn poor to throw my money away.

check out the dollar store if you have one near. once walmart and amazon take over you will have lost your choice to not throw your money away. i have found that price competition to walmart isn't that difficult. all i had to do was look and found plenty of good brands some better that are very competitive.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Check out Dollar Tree and Family Dollar. The ones with a freezer and refrigerator have steak, milk,eggs etc. Sometimes they have quite a bit of name brand stuff.

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of recommendations for Dollar Tree/Family Dollar I will check that out for sure. I have been to Crest once and it is a very well maintained store. I just read their story and I can see why. I feel like Crest probably has all that we need grocery-wise. I will probably turn in to the designated shopper since I am the one pushing for the change and we have 3 little ones that make it difficult to take everyone shopping haha.

I have been to Aldi once as well, I was intrigued by the "pay for cart". I also saw (guessing long time Aldi shoppers) just cruise in, grab an empty box and load it up with what they needed.

During the freeze's and panic shopping everyone around us was doing we went to Braum's for eggs and milk.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The Dollar Tree on danforth has a freezer. If you see something that you might like, get it home and try it fairly quickly. They are kinda like Aldi where the stock turns over fast and it’s usually different. If you want some more of the item, go back and stock up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom