Big Boy pics. whistle video added

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ft Gibson, crossing the Neosho River:
IMG_3549a.jpg

Wagoner. When the engineer has to blow the whistle, and yell through a loudspeaker to people to get off the tracks, it's time to thin the herd. 1.2 million pounds rolling toward people and someone has to tell them to get out the way!
IMG_3576a.jpg

Ignore the crappy video, I turned my phone to video, then put it my pocket so I could use both hands on the camera. Just did it to get the whistle.

Last edited:

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife got a video of it coming by our place. It didn't come out very good or I'd post it. She had some fun with people trying to tell her where she could or couldn't park to watch it. They didn't realize she was on our property and so were they. She did not bow to their wishes. Lol

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't get up that way to photograph the engine. We had a get-together with our church "small group" and the church's youth "small group." Had a bonfire and roasted hot dogs and had Smores for dessert.

I did experiment with the camera though. I took pictures without flash, using the fire as the primary light source. While they came out pretty good, the slower shutter left me thankful that I don't try "artistic" lighting.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't get up that way to photograph the engine. We had a get-together with our church "small group" and the church's youth "small group." Had a bonfire and roasted hot dogs and had Smores for dessert.

I did experiment with the camera though. I took pictures without flash, using the fire as the primary light source. While they came out pretty good, the slower shutter left me thankful that I don't try "artistic" lighting.

Will your camera do second shutter flash? Sometimes that gives good results.

Latest posts

Top Bottom