Big Boys - Sat Aug 25th, 9:00 AM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does Big Boys allow holster draws for the Dot Torture Drill?

Unless something has changed, you’ll need one if these. You have to attend a certification class to get one. And I seem to remember they don’t like rapid fire.

Still, dot torture is just as effective from low ready.

4380571db3d1d5efd90615224a2a3eb9.jpg

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Well thanks. I don't have that nifty card, so I guess it' s gonna be the low ready for me.
Are you going to use your G43?

I think it would make sense to practice it with my carry gun but a nice shooting full size pistol would be fun to try it with.

I guess some of both would be the solution for that. I reckon using a slicked up 22 would be too easy. :)

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you going to use your G43?

I think it would make sense to practice it with my carry gun but a nice shooting full size pistol would be fun to try it with.

I guess some of both would be the solution for that. I reckon using a slicked up 22 would be too easy. :)

I actually carry that G43, a G19, sometimes a G29, and most recently, have become enamored with the Walther PPS M2. I think I'll shoot the Dot Drills over the course of the next few days/weeks with all of them. I posted a few days ago that the PPS has taken over 1st Place as my EDC, and that is true. I really like the way it shoots. But the others all have a place in the overall plan too. I might even give it a go with my slicked up Ruger MK IV, just to see if I do better using that than one of the Big Boy pistols. So; yeah, some of both (all?) as you say will be fun.

Ponca City Steel Challenge Match is 8/25/18 if anyone wants to shoot a competition vs standing in a hold and busting paper. You can use your carry gun all the way to a full race gun.

Dang Dennis. Just pop a guy's balloon; won't ya? Dang.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless something has changed, you’ll need one if these. You have to attend a certification class to get one. And I seem to remember they don’t like rapid fire.

Still, dot torture is just as effective from low ready.

4380571db3d1d5efd90615224a2a3eb9.jpg

Can you get the Holster Certified as a neck tat?

I like that they have that option available ...

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I could bring my NAA 22mag mini revolver if anyone would like to try it...…..it's an adventure for sure! I also have the 22LR cylinder for it.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I could bring my NAA 22mag mini revolver if anyone would like to try it...…..it's an adventure for sure! I also have the 22LR cylinder for it.

Now that would be a feat. We should have a competition of some some sort with it. Like maybe, who can hit the paper at 3 yds. I’m in! Bring it, I don’t think I’ve ever shot one of those but maybe once or twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I’m going to have to miss it. The last guy to pay me for the deer lease wants to meet this morning. I’ve already covered him so I need the cash before momma finds out!

Latest posts

Top Bottom