Big Magnum Revolvers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had my first squeeze on a sweet 629 Classic Hunter this afternoon. Being a S&W 500 fanboy, I figured I'd really enjoy .44mag. Not a bit lol...

The 240 grain stuff was reasonable, but those hot 180gr loads were just ridiculous! At least the 500 has pounds of stainless to absorb all that recoil.

While the bruised palm feels like accomplishment, I'm going back to my trusty rimfires lol.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those 180s must have been pretty hot, as they should have been easier on the hand than the 240s. I get much less punishment out of 180s. I love the .44 Mag (and the .357, and the 10mm). Never shot a .500, but have heard they are pretty brutal. Wouldn't mind having one at some point.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
im right there with ya OP. I had 2 44 mags I bought at the same time: a redhawk Kodiak and a Blackhawk talo...both with slim wood grips...both sucked terribly to shoot...both got sold lol. I have shot 44 mag with the large rubber grips and it wasn't bad but these 2 guns just ruined it for me. Decided to stick with 357/38sp from here on out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom