Bill introduced to allow teachers to carry in schools

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In 1992, as a 5th grader in a gifted and talented class, we had to do a presentation and demonstration. I did mine over safety and function of firearms with an sks, 870, 1873 Winchester, Remington 700, and a Colt frontier scout. I got approval ahead of time and got my mom to bring them and take them when I was finished. Got an A+. Imagine a kid trying that today.
I was a teacher here in Mid-Del & OKC public schools for a few years in the mid-2000's Don't think it would be possible to get approval, then or now.

I would have tried, if one of the kids asked...

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1968 In 5th grade I took my .410 bolt action shotgun to school to do an oral report on going hunting with my dad. I got permission from the teacher by telling her I would remove the bolt so the gun would be inoperable while at school.

When America was GREAT

JuanGrande62221

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was a teacher here in Mid-Del & OKC public schools for a few years in the mid-2000's Don't think it would be possible to get approval, then or now.

I would have tried, if one of the kids asked...
It was in Ada, but probably only because they knew me and my mom worked in the school district. In the late 1990s you would still see gun racks in trucks and knew several with them behind the seats, students and teachers too. Times have changed so much.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can already carry if you're an ex cop, ex security, or know how to keep a secret. That said, I think the karens running our schools today have no business carrying a gun around kids. They're just giving the kids something to use against them and each other because they'll lose it in under 10 seconds.

However, if you can pass a weekly PT like they have for the ROTC programs (very minimal) and will do bi-yearly trainings (each semester), and have ACTUAL DRILLS to prepare for scenarios, I think it's a great idea. Everyone else gets a panic button.
Is there a federal law against anyone having fire arms on school property? If these spoiled brats KILLING people to get attention, ever stops, we will have to stop it, like we stopped airliner hijackings, remember?

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about we go back to allowing a teacher to march a disruptive student down to the principles office for a little attitude adjustment session with a wooden paddle first. It used to be effective in the olden days and no one still has red whelps but might have a better attitude about respecting others.
We've got some pretty good sized "children" in our schools, some are already known to be violent or gang associated and may be armed as well. How many teachers could handle them or would want to fearing injury or possibly revenge later?
One of the teen shooters in the recent B.A. killing goes to Nathan Hale(before arrest) in Tulsa and had already assaulted a teacher but was still in school.

https://www.fox23.com/news/only-on-...cle_00db89dc-1fb7-5d07-9113-44462ad40f2f.html
Then there's this, I wonder which teachers are getting attacked, those who really try to teach and hold kids accountable or those who give in to them or align with certain beliefs/ideology?

https://ktul.com/news/local/project-oklahoma-student-attacks-on-teachers-the-best-worst-kept-secret

Last edited:

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can we not just have trained armed security or off duty cops contracted at the damn schools? Fire a couple administrators or board members. Should pay for it easily.

Seems like they are able to secure literally every other government building just fine. I wonder why they don’t secure these buildings? Maybe to further their “guns are bad mmmkay” agenda?
Lots of schools dropped school police after the George Floyd's death, another side of the defund the police movement...

From May 2020 through June 2022, at least 50 districts serving over 1.7 million children have ended their school policing programs or cut their budgets.

School Police: Which Districts Cut Them? Which Brought Them Back?

Latest posts

Top Bottom