Bill requiring OK students pass civics section of U.S. citizenship test before graduating approved

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a fantastic civics teacher in 9th grade in Ponca City. I can't remember her name, but she was a naturalized citizen from Canada and she drilled the citizenship test into us for two semesters. It was a master class in how government works and the rights bestowed on every American. Every school needs a reacher like her, especially in those formative years. No politics, no bias, just pure Americana.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a fantastic civics teacher in 9th grade in Ponca City. I can't remember her name, but she was a naturalized citizen from Canada and she drilled the citizenship test into us for two semesters. It was a master class in how government works and the rights bestowed on every American. Every school needs a reacher like her, especially in those formative years. No politics, no bias, just pure Americana.

Still to this day I couldn't tell you how my HS Government teacher votes. Mrs. Pixlar was a no BS teacher too.

I remember correcting her once in class. She told me to prove it or get the hell out of her class. I respectfully did and she was ecstatic. That was the lesson for the day. I had a blast in her class too. We couldn't get her to lean one way or another. Exactly how it should be too.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They just instituted having to take a sat test to graduate for classes 2022 and beyond. Even if you have no plans to go to college.
(somebody's gonna profit off that.}
Now this? All it's going to do is increase the drop-out rate.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I like the move, believe this is just a bandaid for a bigger problem. If school curriculum was solid, non-political, core subjects, and not social manipulation, this would not be necessary. I would fire every person in the Education Department and replace them with actual Americans, not social commentators.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I noticed my sons books the other day were from National Geographic. I was so mad. They are a huge left leaning organization. I didn’t even know they made school books. But they do. The indoctrination of our kids is killing our country. I have to constantly talk to him about stuff he is being taught and how it’s to brainwash him into believing what they want him too. This is a little country school too. I can’t imagine how bad it is a big schools. But I have no problem with this test.

Latest posts

Top Bottom