Bipod or shooting bag?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have used both a decent front rest, as well as Harris bipod for load development.

The bipod takes more concentration, but I've been able to throw quite a few 5 shot groups in the .2s and .3s.

I typically zero my rifles for either bipod or rest...depending on how I'm going to use them.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like to work up loads and find the most accurate of course.
I did find if i put the front bag in a different spot on the forearm of the rifle my POI would slightly change.
Now I use a Bipod on the rifle but I keep it folded up and rest the thing on a bag.

I basically made a very wide forearm that way with the pressure point in the same spot which is where the bipod is secured to the forearm.

This allows the gun to sit lower than extending bipod legs and I use a rear bag or sometimes just a towel and shoulder it makes it rock steady.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
bipod on the front, bag on the rear when able to. if shooting off something other than bench or the ground, wiebad waxed canvas fortune cookie on the front and another on the rear

Trung Si Ma

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For long range (400-500 yards) competition I run the SEB JoyPod-X. It's light weight, wide footprint, and easy to adjust to ensure that the Vudoo is level. Armageddon Gear Smedium for the rear bag. Side note: This rifle is getting a 60MOA rail next week so that I can dial out to 550-ish.

Shorter range (100-400), I run either the JoyPod-X or a MDT double throw Ckye-Pod with the Smedium. Very versatile with an amazing amount of adjustability.

Field Shooting, the Ckye-Pod with a "to be determined" bag. I want something like a sand sock. but haven't found the right one yet.

I run an ARCA rail on both Vudoo's so which ever one is being shot gets the bipod.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Field Shooting, the Ckye-Pod with a "to be determined" bag. I want something like a sand sock. but haven't found the right one yet.

If you haven't tried the wiebad waxed canvas heavy fill bags, you really should. I've got loads of shooting bags and nothing compares to them, in my opinion...

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A good bipod will work wonders. Buy a couple and change them out on the rifles.
buy quality ones and change them rifle to rifle. Gent is correct. Bipods depending on shooting platform, shooting method, location: ground, tree or idk what.

Latest posts

Top Bottom