BiPolar meds anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, Saturday afternoon UPS man shows up. Box for my wife, rifle case for me and drops off a 3rd box 3'x3'. Sounds like pills in a bottle????

Got my address and name on the label that is halfassed stuck on the box. Peal off the label and see another one for a Pharmaceutical company out of OKC. My guess is my label (which isn't on my rifle case box) was stuck on this one. Cut open the manifest and it's 25 bottles/100 pills each Valproic Acid. Google says BiPolar meds.

So, Saturday, I googled the company, called them and told them what happened. Lady tells me she cannot confirm or deny they were to receive a shipment of these meds due to HIPPA. I work with and around HIPPA daily, so I call BS. I told her this **** has to be expensive and I'm sure you want it, so....She says she can't do anything and hangs up.

I called and left a message with the company again this morning and have not heard back. I have to be in the office on Wednesday, so if I don't hear back from them, I'll drop all this crap off in the OSBI drug box we have at the PD. OSBI is going to love me.
get rid of it it WILL do you wrong!

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These days I'd be leery of taking them to OSBI or OBN or any other LEO agency. I'd probably just disappear them where nobody could use them ever. I'd document everything I could about the whole ordeal too.
Our agency has an OSBI drug box on camera up front. I'll book mark the video afterwards on the PD's server.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
get rid of it it WILL do you wrong!
Had my ex on that crap cost me a 20 year marriage took 7 years to realize that taking nothing was best now she is back to normal but its way too late.! Edit not that specific drug but several bipolar drugs. stuff can be dangerous

Last edited:

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are correct sir. I called one of the Pharmacists I work with, and told her about it. She said it's not a HIPPA issue, more liability than anything. They issue the drugs, someone gets sick and chain of custody is broken, they get sued. That I understand and respect. Even though it was a UPS driver delivering in what looked like his POV. Red 4dr in this picture.
View attachment 323961
That's a seasonal driver. They're called pvd's. They work out of their personal vehicles and use their own cell phones. They are used to help with the extra volume UPS experiences during peak. It's easy money until the weather gets wintery

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These days I'd be leery of taking them to OSBI or OBN or any other LEO agency. I'd probably just disappear them where nobody could use them ever. I'd document everything I could about the whole ordeal too.

This -- the temptation is great and for some it is too much. Anyone remember Jack Jencks??

Latest posts

Top Bottom