Bird feeder in high wind

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Playing doggie doorman this afternoon and watching the birds trying to catch the feeder. Most did not have a real problem but a couple could have used a control tower voice over. "Flight 509, you are to low. Pull up! Pull up!"
I watched one poor little bird sitting on the suet feeder get spun around several times probably thinking "WoW! that is some good **** man!"

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We went walking in Yukon's Chisholm Trail Park and Freedom Park yesterday. There weren't too many other walkers out there. Most likely they didn't want to walk in the wind.

As for wind, when we lived in a house in the country between Tuttle and Mustang, the wind was so bad through our back porch that one couldn't keep wind chimes there at all.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Playing doggie doorman this afternoon and watching the birds trying to catch the feeder. Most did not have a real problem but a couple could have used a control tower voice over. "Flight 509, you are to low. Pull up! Pull up!"
I watched one poor little bird sitting on the suet feeder get spun around several times probably thinking "WoW! that is some good **** man!"
More power Scotty!!! That’s all she’ll take Cap’n

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking you were going to say that all the bird food was flying out feeding the tree rats.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking you were going to say that all the bird food was flying out feeding the tree rats.
I ended up giving them their own feeder. It was either that or buy a good pellet gun and start shooting them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom