Birthday Range report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I decided to spend a couple hours at the range on Saturday for my B-day while my wife went shopping.

Kimber Pro Carry II 9mm

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_Kimber112.jpg

Shot 300 rounds of FMJ and a box of my carry ammo, Hornady Critical Defense. It performed flawlessly and this is the most accurate gun I have ever shot. Maybe somewhat because of the lighter recoil. This is my daily carry gun and I have no reason to ever doubt my decision. I really love this gun. The only thing I have ever done was buy a new recoil spring and Wilson Combat ETM magazine when I first bought the gun. It was the best $30 I ever spent. The factory Kimber mag really didn't like my carry ammo and sometimes didn't feed FMJ. I also shot some of my previous carry ammo Remington Golden Saber and it was also perfect. I think the Hornady might be more accurate though

Glock 23

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_G23CH.jpg

Shot 100 rounds of FMJ and, of course, it was flawless. I think this thing would shoot rocks if you could load them. Recoil was significant over the Kimber and I am not as practiced with the Glock trigger so my groups weren't as tight as the Kimber's. I also shot a box of my carry ammo, Remington Golden Saber and, obviously not problems. I don't carry this gun as often because it just isn't as comfortable to me IWB.

Ruger LCP

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_P5250009.jpg

Shot 50 rounds of FMJ (ouch) and 20 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 90gr. The only issue with the Gold Dot was one limp wrist after I was already fatigued and the round didn't chamber all the way. After that I really concentrated and my grip and everything went well. I has some old Hydra-Shok .380 and I tried a box of it and it feed OK but the slide kind of hung up briefly on a couple rounds then closed (kind of slow mo). I haven't ever carried it in my LCP. As some others have reported, after extended shooting the little pin above the grip will work its way out little. Pop it back in and keep on trucking. It doesn't come out just works out about a 1/8"

Overall a good outing and a great way to spend a couple hours on your birthday.

Later

BC

Latest posts

Top Bottom