Bison hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Forgive the crummy cell phone pics and all the clutter. My office and sofa don't always look like this ... some days they're even worse. The hide, or "robe" as they call it, measures just over six feet long not counting the tail.

Bison skull.jpg
Bison robe.jpg

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did that with a 9mm and 145gr hollow point last month. Same issue for the cow.
The cow business is bad enough right now without having to shoot them...:censored:

My “execution” weapon is my custom Colt 1911, and I now use 230 gr hollow point personal defense ammo. I killed a horse a few month ago with the same ammo.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I killed a couple cows a few weeks ago that got some kind of terminal toxicity from eating acorns. Does that count?!?:anyone:
I used a 1911 in 45acp.:thumb:

TOXIC ACORNS!?!?

I’ve got at least 10k acorns lying on the ground in my back yard. Maybe that’s why I haven’t had a herd of squirrels back there.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TOXIC ACORNS!?!?

I’ve got at least 10k acorns lying on the ground in my back yard. Maybe that’s why I haven’t had a herd of squirrels back there.
I didn't know about it until this year when the land owner informed me as I was telling him about a cow I found on it's side, severely bloated but alive.

University of Arkansas:
Consumption of tannins can lead to gastrointestinal problems, severe kidney damage and death. Some cattle may consume acorns and experience no ill effects, while others suffer severe disease. also become filled with fluid. Since there is no specific antidote for acorn poisoning, treatment is limited.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't know about it until this year when the land owner informed me as I was telling him about a cow I found on it's side, severely bloated but alive.

University of Arkansas:
Consumption of tannins can lead to gastrointestinal problems, severe kidney damage and death. Some cattle may consume acorns and experience no ill effects, while others suffer severe disease. also become filled with fluid. Since there is no specific antidote for acorn poisoning, treatment is limited.
I generally lose one a year, and it’s always a cow with a calf. I’m guessing the stress of milk production along with the toxicity are a deadly combination.:anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom