Black Bears Near Ada?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've lived in bear territory for nearly half my life. I've seen a lot of bear scat around my place in the mountains in Colorado. I had no idea there might be bears near Ada. But this was in my driveway yesterday morning (I spread the nugget in the lower right with a stick):

View attachment 276315

That looks like lots and lots of black bear scat I've seen in the past, especially for early in the season when the berries and such aren't ripe yet. Looks like whatever left this might've been in some bird feeders, too. I thought maybe coyote, but it's completely different and there's no little critter fur in it. It doesn't really look like coyote scat anyway.

Here's a reference photo from the North American Bear Center website of early April bear scat:

View attachment 276319

I'd love to think there might be a black bear running about around my place. They really are fantastic and beautiful creatures and they're amazing to watch.
I have a picture of one on a game camera near Wolf from 2012. I wouldn't be surprised if they're east and south of Ada.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Absolutely they have bears. They’re pretty much in all areas of the state. Not all have breeding populations, but they’re there
There’s been a sighting a couple miles to my north in southern Logan county
Was that one running around with that mountain lion that's supposedly up this way near Waterloo Road?

Latest posts

Top Bottom