Black Friday - I can't believe I'm actually going

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was today Black Friday?
I'm not sure. The liberals have a new name for it now that we're all supposed to use. I heard it's something to the effect of Non-Binary Opaque Friday - but I also heard that they have an issue with Friday because it non-inclusive with regards to the rest of the days of the week, so who the hell knows!

Last edited:

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You'll like the upgrade on the opener!! If it has "myQ", you can also use your cell phone to operate the door from anywhere in the country. Plus, the belts are a lot quieter than the chain and you shouldn't ever need to adjust it.
I just finished up the installation, by myself, which was loads of fun when trying to get the new opener secured to the ceiling. You were 100% right @xseler, that belt drive upgrade was worth the few extra bucks. Very quiet! The initial motor adjustment was super easy, and all new sensors seem to be working. The most difficult part was getting the MyQ app connected, but we're rocking and rolling here now! It's weird now to have a garage door that opens and closes easily. I took the time and sprayed some teflon fluoropolymer lubricant over all of the wheels, hinges, and at spots on the track. It's smooth and whisper quiet now.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went for a stroll through HD with the wife this morning. Resisted a tool chest purchase. Somehow ended up installing a couple ceilling fans before lunch. Guess that's what I get for taking the misses. I did avoid a new kitchen faucet install. Whew..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom