Black Friday - I can't believe I'm actually going

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
short story about a garage door app:
I left the house and got down to the corner and thought I forgot to close the door. I opened the app and could see it was open, so I closed it.
I didn't know that I really had closed it, and my wife had opened it and was just now leaving, so when I closed it, the door came down on her car and damaged the little roof antenna.
DOH!

That sounds EXACTLY like something that I’d do, er, I mean would happen to me.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I left the house and got down to the corner and thought I forgot to close the door. I opened the app and could see it was open, so I closed it.
I didn't know that I really had closed it, and my wife had opened it and was just now leaving, so when I closed it, the door came down on her car and damaged the little roof antenna.
DOH!

One of those $20 Wyze WiFi cams in the garage looking at the door would have saved you some repair $$.
Look before closing remotely.

https://wyze.com/wyze-cam.html

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of those $20 Wyze WiFi cams in the garage looking at the door would have saved you some repair $$.

Ours does have the camera, but I saw her car in the garage with the door open, so I closed it, not knowing she was getting ready to back out. DOH!

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score

I have an older home with a side door which I am not a fan of. So I have a wyze cam in the garage. I have it setup to watch the side door and both garage doors. A quick peak at my phone and I know all the doors are secure.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
DOH!

DOH! Indeed . . .

Ours sends us a notification each time it opens or closes.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
DOH!

That's always my fear. My truck has about 1" of space between the garage door and my back bumper. If I wasn't all the way in and my wife closed it remotely it could be bad. I never use the garage door opener until I've closed it with an unpowered dry run first.

On a lighter note, it's great if you get locked out of the house and need in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom