Black Kettle WMA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can tent camp at the 3 lakes, plus other parking areas. Beware of any burn bans that might be in effect as well. And maps are definitely a good thing to have, as not all fences are clearly marked, though most are.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can tent camp at the 3 lakes, plus other parking areas. Beware of any burn bans that might be in effect as well. And maps are definitely a good thing to have, as not all fences are clearly marked, though most are.
I bought a map many years ago in the gas station in Cheyenne. I am sure they still have them but maybe call before them before you make the drive.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Good point on the maps. I need to get the current public lands book from the wildlife department if they even do one anymore. The areas are well marked/signed but double and triple check your location and signage before entering.

joshuacarrifee35

Marksman
Reaction score
I do have a great map I use onX I pay 100 a year. it shows all private and public if you use the map correctly you will never be on private. I do appreciate everybody's comments gonna get a room in elk city this year will be easier and not going in blinded looking for camp grounds. Looking forward to shooting a really good buck this year. I'm so used to hunting coues deer maybe 100 pounds very small target. If anyone is ever up for a challenge of trying to shoot one of these deer and I mean challenge. Let me know thx a BUNCH

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been scouting out some potential locations I would like to hunt with the OnXhunt app. I use this app for all my public hunting and exploring. Love it! I’ll make my way out there in February to take a look at these spots. I’m after some ridge lines.

Latest posts

Top Bottom