Black Lab, hip problems, What to do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My GSD, Jackie, was on Rimadyl when I adopted her but it made her really groggy so I switched her to Blue Buffalo dog food and Glucosamine/MSM tablets. She was a different dog and only got down in her hips again about 3 months before she passed away.

Here: http://www.bluebuffalo.com/

That stuffs ingredient list looks very similar to what we give our dog(minus the barley, oatmeal, ect....)

I don't think people understand how important it is to feed dogs a healthy dog food, or they think it is all made equal and just get what is cheaper!! You are what you eat, eat good feel good, eat crappy feel crappy.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That stuffs ingredient list looks very similar to what we give our dog(minus the barley, oatmeal, ect....)

I don't think people understand how important it is to feed dogs a healthy dog food, or they think it is all made equal and just get what is cheaper!! You are what you eat, eat good feel good, eat crappy feel crappy.

Toward the end she got really finicky and I bought a couple of books off of Amazon and started cooking her food for her. If she saw it on the stove she thought she was getting people food. Her favorite was rinsed, drained hamburger meat and oatmeal and these little peanut butter snacks ... Good grief, I miss her still ...

If anyone doubts that "regular" dog food is garbage then they need to drive by the Purina factory when it is fired up ... bleech ... that's a nasty-arse stench that comes from that place!

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Toward the end she got really finicky and I bought a couple of books off of Amazon and started cooking her food for her. If she saw it on the stove she thought she was getting people food. Her favorite was rinsed, drained hamburger meat and oatmeal and these little peanut butter snacks ... Good grief, I miss her still ...

If anyone doubts that "regular" dog food is garbage then they need to drive by the Purina factory when it is fired up ... bleech ... that's a nasty-arse stench that comes from that place!

I miss her too. Each time I came by she was there to greet me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom