Black, White and Blue American flag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rr2008

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife came home this morning and asked about off color American flag flying at the local municipal building. It was mostly black with white stars and a blue stripe. I found out what it means. I understand the blue stripe is to honor fallen law enforcement. My father was a veteran from the Korean conflict and i am pretty sure that he wouldn't have approved of the American flag being changed in this manner and flown in place of traditional red, white and blue American flag. He was serious about respect for our American flag. I wonder what other veterans think of this flag.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never heard of such a thing. How about a pic and the name/location of the place flying this flag so we can check it out?

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm guessing it was a flag like this one. I don't think any group should use any version of the USA Flag for any other reason than as a symbol of our country.

cdn1.bigcommerce.com_server1200_bwr3e5_products_134335_images_02d3bd8504c3ab03576ff3c3bfab6a7d.jpg

Now THIS is a much better way to do it.

ae3bf24844ad7b652d2ee7b1d9701cdb.jpg

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about the "American Flag" thread in General Discussions? This is the first thing I thought about when seeing the flags that have script and Airbourne symbols painted on them. It looks cool and all, but is not in compliance with the U.S. Flag Code.

- Buzz Killington

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel the same way. Similarly, I have a little problem with the US flag on towels and footwear and the like.

I kinda do, but then again, at least people are wearing the flag. As long as it's not disrespectful, I guess I am okay with it. I got a Hawaiian Shirt with US flags on it for a present. I guess I'll wear it, cause I certainly mean no disrespect to Old Glory. Somebody once called me the "Batman for Old Glory" in a thread about burning the flag cause I said that would not be a safe act to do in my presence. I may be old but I'm tougher than a two-dollar steak and I'd be on somebody like ugly on an ape.

Latest posts

Top Bottom