Blackstone griddle....any suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a carry bag for my griddle top and bring it inside after I cook/clean/re-season so its not out in the elements.
I did order a cover for the griddle unit itself yesterday to help protect the rest of the unit.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well thanks to the peer pressure, and some cool info in this thread. I got mine today, seasoned it and even cooked some dogs on it, since I was messing with it through lunch time. Wife has all the fixens for steak fajitas ready to go in the fridge so it looks like I will be breaking it in later this evening.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That’s the rig we really wanted because of the stand and metal cover. When we got our 22” tabletop model two years ago, finding one like yours in stock to buy was like finding the holy grail. We had one on back order for months.
All the RV forums were full of stories about how perfect they were for that traveling lifestyle.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was thinking about the 33s, but then when I saw Gun Dogs post. That pushed me over the edge. My only complaint is having to hook up the big tank and moving it. I have to admit I am already thinking I may have to make a little rolling setup for it to roll on and store a tank on. I have an alcove I keep my Weber in and then roll it out when I am going to cook. I would like to be able to move this in there also so I don't have to cover it. I know a lot of folks like covers. I am not fond of them, I think they actually may contribute to rusting. So I try and just keep my grills out of the weather with no cover. I could take it down and move it into the garage but would like it to be ready to go whenever I want to use it.

When I seasoned it earlier it was 500-600F today. When I made dinner it was only around 400 and it dropped down quick when I was cooking. After I finished I played around with it. Looks like the safety valve in the tank didn't like the way I disconnected it when I moved the grill around to where I normally cook. After checking all the fittings and closing and reopening everything it was right back to 550f. So I will make darn sure in the future I am not cooking without all the BTUs prior to starting. I have had the same thing happen on gas grills before. This is adding to my desire to put a tank on it and be able to move it without taking it down.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read lots of posts about the safety valves not liking being opened fast on these...so check the burners after you fire it up and make sure you got good flame. If not, close the valve and open slowly and you should be good to go.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read lots of posts about the safety valves not liking being opened fast on these...so check the burners after you fire it up and make sure you got good flame. If not, close the valve and open slowly and you should be good to go.

Correct. The newer LPG cylinder valves have a check valve that is really sensitive. Us RV'ers have learned to open the valves VERY slowly. Unlike the old style valves, one doesn't hear the check valve shut when opened too fast, leading folks to not getting enough gas to do any cooking or heating.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I'm kinda necropost reviving here, but I just had to brag a little. My old Charbroil grill that I've had for the last 7 years was becoming more of a pain than an assistance (burners and grills rusting out mostly), so this weekend I decided to replace it. I read through this while thread back when it was new and again last week when I was contemplating replacing the old grill and it pushed me over the edge.

I ended up with the 28" model with a couple of burners on the side (and a fry pan and basket). Went to get the 36" model without any bells and whistles and of course they didn't have it in stock. I might miss the extra few inches, but I think I'm be fine. It'll mostly be used for my wife and I only, so that's plenty of space. We only rarely have other people over and I think this one will still provide plenty of space.

Been seasoning it this morning and will break it in tonight. Probably only going to be hot dogs and burgers because I can't get no damn meat right now (or, I'm not willing to pay the extra prices). But it'll still be good food. [emoji38]
9e3575cce72fa54d6e14ed97be7ee253.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom