Blackstone griddle....any suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't get no damn meat right now

Love valley has Hogs.... Fix the Mustang drive down there and kill one and toss it in the ice chest in the trunk.
I assume you have an ice chest in the trunk :)
Quarter and skin the hog before it goes into the trunk of course. set some limb lines out in the river and bait with worms you dug up and you will have a fish or a few fish on the lines after the hunt for hogs.

Grilled or deep fried since you have a deep fryer on it..I like that aspect.

Plenty of meat out there.
I had some ground deer this morning I seasoned to taste like breakfast sausage..goes good with the eggs my hens give me.

Yea braggin now.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man I still want one of these griddles. I'm back to eating carbs and getting fat again, so I'd have a use for it, hell I've done smashburgers 3 times in the last week and a half, I think.

Talked to The Wife about it again this weekend and she's still against the idea.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love valley has Hogs.... Fix the Mustang drive down there and kill one and toss it in the ice chest in the trunk.
I assume you have an ice chest in the trunk :)
Quarter and skin the hog before it goes into the trunk of course. set some limb lines out in the river and bait with worms you dug up and you will have a fish or a few fish on the lines after the hunt for hogs.

Grilled or deep fried since you have a deep fryer on it..I like that aspect.

Plenty of meat out there.
I had some ground deer this morning I seasoned to taste like breakfast sausage..goes good with the eggs my hens give me.

Yea braggin now.

Man, if I had the Mustang fixed I wouldn't have gotten ANOTHER f'n notice from the city about the f'n tire (yeah, I'm a bit peeved about it).

And I told you about how successful I am at hunting. :-)

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just never cared for mine. They are hot as hell to cook over and you come away totally covered in smoke and greasy. I don't mind smelling like BBQ smoke but oil smoke I just couldn't get used to it. I did like the smash burgers but preferred charcoal or gasser vs the griddle on most everything else. It has a learning curve for sure.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man I still want one of these griddles. I'm back to eating carbs and getting fat again, so I'd have a use for it, hell I've done smashburgers 3 times in the last week and a half, I think.

Talked to The Wife about it again this weekend and she's still against the idea.

Tell your wife the griddle opens up new ways for her to make you hot sammichs like cheese stakes and other man stuff. Actually, we make more breakfasts on ours that anything. There is a bit of a learning curve to make things perfectly cooked but that is like a lot of new methods. The best meal we have done on the griddle, by far is House Fried Rice. Damn good!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We cook on our 22" with a lid almost every day while in the RV on the road. I've found some grates that can take food off the griddle about 3/4" or 1/2" depending on how they are stacked for slow cooking like an oven with the lid closed. Dollar store scrapers to use as wind blinds for more even heat.
Put a wireless thermometer into the meat and watch it cook to perfection.
Thick cut bacon for the best cook using the blackstone bacon press. Fajita's or breakfast burrito's are probably the best for us. They put a pretty good sear on a steak too.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just never cared for mine. They are hot as hell to cook over and you come away totally covered in smoke and greasy. I don't mind smelling like BBQ smoke but oil smoke I just couldn't get used to it. I did like the smash burgers but preferred charcoal or gasser vs the griddle on most everything else. It has a learning curve for sure.
I'd like to know what you are doing for those kinds of results. I found just the opposite and even used it inside the house.

Shakel65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

If its smoking while you're cooking you're doing something wrong. What cooking surface isn't hot to cook over? I've had mine for 2 years and I'll agree with some of the above posts. We use it more than the regular stove.

Latest posts

Top Bottom