Blaine County Countywide curfew **updated**

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/2218305075158398/posts/2586829401639295/

"Effective immediately, Blaine County has issued a curfew for all non-essential persons to remain at home between the hours of 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. until further notice. This does not affect essential persons that are working or persons getting out for emergencies. If caught out after curfew you will receive a citation or may be arrested. We encourage all residents to abide by the curfew.

The Sheriff’s Office decided to recommend the curfew because of the increase in thefts that are occurring in the county. We have noticed that certain subjects are taking advantage of people staying home to protect themselves from the virus. We have increased the number of Deputies on staff, as well as increased that number of hours each Deputy works. We will be working with local Police Departments to assist them in patrolling. We will be receiving assistance from Police Departments in answering calls in the unincorporated areas of the county.

We appreciate your cooperation during this time."

Not sure where they found the authority for this. Doesn't seem to be very well received. Looks like the sheriff has already received at least one new competitor for his position...

**Edited to add updates**

I got copies of the memos they sent out to the local agencies giving them authority to arrest and book violators...

2nd update-
Guess they caved to public pressure, they've removed the post from thier Facebook page and when I called and asked about the curfew I was advised they didn't know what I was talking about? Lol! I guess they are hoping people will forget before November!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
a33abdb559232c5f18daeb9961576f5e.jpg
0dee19858ab41d5bd0e0ad839d4a0870.jpg

Last edited:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Sheriff’s Office decided to recommend the curfew because of the increase in thefts that are occurring in the county.
If they'd just recommended that people stay home, that would be one thing--hell, it's not like anything is open after 10pm, anyway--but people don't take well to being told not to do something.

Latest posts

Top Bottom