Blaine/Kingfisher Co Quail Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aa5b

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone been quail hunting around Blaine or Kingfisher county and have a report on how the quail hunting was? I'm not looking for anyone's individual hunting spot just a general indication of the hunting quality based on first hand accounts. Thanks!

rjbrooks7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I jumped around a bit this weekend. All I’ll tell everyone, view quail hunting as you would pheasants in Oklahoma this year...stay north of the Cimarron River! All the birds I moved this weekend were old fat suckers. They ran and got up wild. Never really got a good covey rise. Weather wasn’t ideal, but it was somewhat cool, damp and cloudy. The wind didn’t help.

This year, north is best!

rjbrooks7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve spoken with several good bird hunters i know statewide...they’re all confirming what I’m saying. And when I said stay north of the Cimarron, seems I am wrong-North of 412!

huntemup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For best results, stay north of the ok/ks border.

There are birds, and with good dogs and a lot of luck, you might find a couple of them. If you have young dogs that really need that bird exposure, i'd look at following that yellow brick road.

rjbrooks7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For best results, stay north of the ok/ks border.

There are birds, and with good dogs and a lot of luck, you might find a couple of them. If you have young dogs that really need that bird exposure, i'd look at following that yellow brick road.
Couldn’t agree more! Like I said, the birds didn’t behave like November birds...they were February birds that had been hunted! Got up wild, held, ran, and flew just far enough to hit the round and run again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom