Blinged out my Ruger 10/22 takedown

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love this 22. Replaced the trigger assembly with a BX and smoothed out the action and parts to where she is smooth as glass. Trigger is about 2 lbs pull and no takeup or creep. I love it. Went ahead and replaced the stock with this great Magpul with storage built in and made for the break down. Went with a nice oversided charging handle and mag release. Also replaced the trigger all of this in a beautiful red. Put a pic rain on and a 4 to 12 power optic that I may replace with a red dot but I like stretching out 22's. Hand painted the 25 round BX mags and it just looks cool as heck.
It's finished and I'll take her out tomorrow and zero at 50 and 100.

Attachments

• Ruger blinged 2.JPG
    Ruger blinged 2.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 108
  • Ruger blinged 1.JPG
    Ruger blinged 1.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 105

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome job! Waiting for the range report with pics.
I'm going to try and get it out tomorrow before the naders start up. If the wind is good, I'll finish zeroing the Garand and the Ruger 22 at the same time at 100 yds. Using a lead sled so the M1 should be easier as I have it on paper at 100 now with the irons. If the 22 is way off I'll walk it in. Want to set the tension barel screw on the Ruger. They can be picky as it's suggested to set the inch lbs to 20 but if the groups are spread, you tighten to 30 and try and then down to 10 till you find whats best. If decrease/increase is better that factory suggestion, I'll tease the sweet spot and that will the last tune I'll do. Same with the M1. Once I get the windage set, I'm done with that then its a matter of setting the drum elevation and adjusting it to 100 and zero. I'll also tune the gas block adjustable screw to find the minimum for chambering consistently

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm really thinking about putting the Bushnell red dot on this. Maybe after I get it tuned with the barrel tension screw, I'll try the red dot. I like shooting at 100 yds but that's rarely going to happen when I take it fishing with me. It would be good for spotting around the pit/pond/lake but I've always been solid with irons and have only jumped over hard to scopes because of eyes. Not sure that's an issue with my glasses. Who knows

Southernman_67

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm really thinking about putting the Bushnell red dot on this. Maybe after I get it tuned with the barrel tension screw, I'll try the red dot. I like shooting at 100 yds but that's rarely going to happen when I take it fishing with me. It would be good for spotting around the pit/pond/lake but I've always been solid with irons and have only jumped over hard to scopes because of eyes. Not sure that's an issue with my glasses. Who knows
I put the magpul sight adapter on mine, that mounts on the barrel, and the Bushnell TRS-125 red dot. I really like the set up. The mount lets you use the iron sight for longer distances, and the red dot in closer. I've only had it out once, so I have had the chance to see how well the red dot performs out beyond 30 yards.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put the magpul sight adapter on mine, that mounts on the barrel, and the Bushnell TRS-125 red dot. I really like the set up. The mount lets you use the iron sight for longer distances, and the red dot in closer. I've only had it out once, so I have had the chance to see how well the red dot performs out beyond 30 yards.
Can you send me a pic of the sight adapter. I've tried to find one but no luck. Thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom