Blinged out my Ruger 10/22 takedown

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice setup.
Thanks. I've had more fun with that gun. Now with the pig plex leupold optic, even more fun. This gun is really accurate. I may look for another optic in the same configuration (short such as an ar optic) so the take down remains the same but a bit more power. I want it screaming moa at 100 yds but that will be firgured out when if find the right 22 ammo and adjust the tension screw
I'm pretty sure I'm going to lay off shooting my M1 garand and just focus on my Colt 6920 556/223 (with additional upper in 6.5 grendel), my 10/22 here, all my lever actions Henry's in .17hmr, 22 (lever and pump), long ranger 223/556 nato, and 30-30 all lever except the pump.
I'll take the ruger precision 6.5 when I'm out in the woods and can pop steel at 500 up.
I've taking apart my 75 Honda right now and having the tank and side covers repainted. I'm not going to re chrome the fenders, rims etc but I can clean them up like a new penny. Rattle can the chassi and replace the wireing harness. I've got everything I need to get it there but seems like I may add a new part here and there as I go along. Going to have to disassemble the front brake rotor tomorrow and finish coating the interior of the tank.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That 10/22 looks cool. Not my cup of tea but it is nice.

I would love to get my hands on an old wood stock model. Especially if I could find one in an M-1 carbine type stock. I think I remember seeing one years ago.

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love this 22. Replaced the trigger assembly with a BX and smoothed out the action and parts to where she is smooth as glass. Trigger is about 2 lbs pull and no takeup or creep. I love it. Went ahead and replaced the stock with this great Magpul with storage built in and made for the break down. Went with a nice oversided charging handle and mag release. Also replaced the trigger all of this in a beautiful red. Put a pic rain on and a 4 to 12 power optic that I may replace with a red dot but I like stretching out 22's. Hand painted the 25 round BX mags and it just looks cool as heck.
It's finished and I'll take her out tomorrow and zero at 50 and 100.
Sweet shooter, you did a very nice jobe

Kendall

Marksman
Reaction score
That 10/22 looks cool. Not my cup of tea but it is nice.

I would love to get my hands on an old wood stock model. Especially if I could find one in an M-1 carbine type stock. I think I remember seeing one years ago.

Talo has a special edition in an M-1 stock running the last few years. Model # 21138. A little steep at the moment.

Sooner state pawn has one.

https://shop.soonerstatepawn.com/It...arbine-Style/8b3f4e6c11084cb79445b3e4953cd13d
EABCO sells a stock
https://www.eabco.net/M1-Carbine-Re...sion-20--Includes-TWO-Handguards_p_13774.html

Latest posts

Top Bottom