BLM-managed lands are open to shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saspens

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We don't have BLM here but there are several State Wildlife Management Areas that have nice shooting ranges open to the public.
Thanks! I'll try to find it.
So to clarify: it has to be a dedicated range?
Or, like in this USD rules, I can find a place somewhere in wildlife "150 yards from a residence" and so on and set up a target? I gues not, but a man can hope...

j99tc88

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shoot at Lexington game reserve south west of Norman. Need a hunting license to shoot there but it’s a bit of a drive from Yukon. I did meet a young man that shot at a private range close to Yukon, paid a fee to become a member. Locked entry but could go whenever he wanted. I don’t know the name of it though. Might be cheaper than driving a long way.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the answers!
But I still have one question left:
Can you just go to the rural area, find some wilderness in the middle of nowhere, and set up your targets there?

Short answer - NO!!! If you just head out into the country and find a "wilderness" somewhere, chances are very good that land is either privately owned or falls under the jurisdiction of some agency, whether it be ODWC, or COE, or whoever. If you just set up a target and start shooting, you risk (at a minimum) being cited for trespassing. Check out the ranges at WMA's or private ranges. I'm not in your area, but I think the Banner Road range (maybe called Canadian now?) might be your closest private range. If you can't find access to private ground somewhere, or go to a WMA range (hunting license required), you're probably gonna' have to pay to shoot at a private range somewhere. Good luck.

Saspens

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Short answer - NO!!! If you just head out into the country and find a "wilderness" somewhere, chances are very good that land is either privately owned or falls under the jurisdiction of some agency, whether it be ODWC, or COE, or whoever. If you just set up a target and start shooting, you risk (at a minimum) being cited for trespassing. Check out the ranges at WMA's or private ranges. I'm not in your area, but I think the Banner Road range (maybe called Canadian now?) might be your closest private range. If you can't find access to private ground somewhere, or go to a WMA range (hunting license required), you're probably gonna' have to pay to shoot at a private range somewhere. Good luck.
I thought so...
Thanks!
Looking into it

Latest posts

Top Bottom