BLM-managed lands are open to shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At the wildlife department shooting ranges you can only shoot PAPER and CLAY.
As in shooting clays.

No steel targets. No fruit or tin cans. No cardboard boxes.
Nothing but paper and shooting clays.

Take tape or a staple gun to hang the paper target.

I get 30+ MPG in my corolla and the 60 mile drive from Yukon to Lexington WMA shooting range does not hurt me so bad.
It is still cheaper than going to Canadian ranges which is a 12 mile drive.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All our new West coast friends are gonna have to get used to the lack of public land in OK. 😂
Yea it sucks. But WA was closing a lot of land for shooting. All the state DNR land was closed to shooting one summer due to "fire danger" and never rep. Federal land had a bunch of closures due to being close to roads, then under BHO they added a bunch of "trailheads" where shooting areas use to be, it is illegal to shoot near a trailhead. County gravel pits all got closed.

I do miss Capitol Forrest. It was bats*** like shooting at TVs and abandoned cars while dudes are jumping motorcycles. They still have a "designated" pits some places

Saspens

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
At the wildlife department shooting ranges you can only shoot PAPER and CLAY.
As in shooting clays.

No steel targets. No fruit or tin cans. No cardboard boxes.
Nothing but paper and shooting clays.

Take tape or a staple gun to hang the paper target.

I get 30+ MPG in my corolla and the 60 mile drive from Yukon to Lexington WMA shooting range does not hurt me so bad.
It is still cheaper than going to Canadian ranges which is a 12 mile drive.
All of them are more than one h from me :(
Thanks for the help, it looks like I'll stick with my local commercial ranges for now.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Canadian is gonna' be a lot closer to him than Canton. I haven't been to Canton in quite a few years but, last I knew, the range was just 100 yards.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea it sucks. But WA was closing a lot of land for shooting. All the state DNR land was closed to shooting one summer due to "fire danger" and never rep. Federal land had a bunch of closures due to being close to roads, then under BHO they added a bunch of "trailheads" where shooting areas use to be, it is illegal to shoot near a trailhead. County gravel pits all got closed.

I do miss Capitol Forrest. It was bats*** like shooting at TVs and abandoned cars while dudes are jumping motorcycles. They still have a "designated" pits some places
The REAL fun was at the upper pit! Remember that spot out 90 west at the top of the pass? Can't remember the name, but is one of the ones they closed down to turn it into a trailhead. What bull **** that was.

Latest posts

Top Bottom