Blocking the diesel pump

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe I'm all wrong, but I took the original comment by Cowcatcher as the little car being the one blocking the pump, not his vehicle. In this case, it appears that he jackknifed his trailer so as to not block other lanes for fuel. Now, if that jackknifed trailer was blocking the driveway, that's a whole 'nuther situation.
Yeah Terry in this particular case nobody was blocked. Well, there's a lane that does get blocked if you're fueling up with a trailer but there's still other ways for folks to go around. I did mention in my original post that I have previously had to jack my rig around in such a way for the nozzle to reach that I did indeed have the car at the pump blocked in. It was a different station with a different layout.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm so glad for the newer stations that have 14+ pumps. I remember the old stations that only had 4. Agree, some people just have no manners.
You need to see a Buc-ee's station in Tx. I don't know how many pumps they have but the places are HUGE. They have sporting goods, car washes, vacuum places.
You stop for fuel and its two hours later before your finished shipping.

katyday.jpg

https://buc-ees.com/index.php

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You need to see a Buc-ee's station in Tx. I don't know how many pumps they have but the places are HUGE. They have sporting goods, car washes, vacuum places.

katyday.jpg

https://buc-ees.com/index.php
They have so many pumps because of people blocking pumps for 2 hours of shopping.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've stopped at one on I-45 at Madisonville, TX. That's a supermarket masquerading as a convenience store, lemme tell ya what now.

They just built a freaking YUUUUUGE, I mean biggly freaking YUUUUGE Buc-ee's just south of Denton. IIRC, I counted 28 rows of islands, which would be 112(!) pumps. It is, far and away, the biggest daggone gas station I've ever seen.

FWIW, their vegetable cups are pretty good, but their chopped brisket sandwiches are nothing to write home about. It's OK, and the BBQ sandwiches are made fresh right there, they're just don't compare to real BBQ.

Latest posts

Top Bottom