Blue Bullets Users

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone tried. or heard of them , I found a link for them on a Facebook blue press group . They are ploy coated bullets on
380 to 45 acp out NC ,the shop offers discounts for IDPA /IPSA shooters who will wear their logo patch or shirt and post U2 video of the match and show the logo for 5 seconds

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, good to know.

For those wondering why I asked, Oklahoma has a "restricted bullet" law regarding fluorocarbon coating on bullets (teflon, plastic, etc.).

From OK statute 1289.19:
"Restricted bullet" means a round or elongated missile with a core of less than sixty percent (60%) lead and having fluorocarbon coating, which is designed to travel at a high velocity and is capable of penetrating body armor;

Btw, "high velocity" has no definitive definition that I have been able to find. It seems a bit like nailing jello to the wall...
That must have came from the old black talon ammo.
Just about everybody in USPSA shoots a coated bullet, but the velocities could hardly be describes as "high". LOL....
Beats uncoated lead that leaves lead deposits in the barrel.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i noticed that some of the military bolt shooters were powder coating their cast boolits the other day. cheap little powder coat kits are available from harbor freight.
btw, Ikothe, your avatar is disturbing!

Blakew

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The coating is simliar to powder coating. They spin the projectiles in a polymer/ ethyl alcohol mix and the bake. The tech has not been perfected yet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom