Blurred Justice: Army veteran arrested after disarming gunman, saving friends

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kind of ironically, this happened in Kennesaw, GA

Blurred Justice: Army veteran arrested after disarming gunman, saving friends
11Alive
Published on May 4, 2018

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reading "the rest of the story"....he acted like an entitled "You will respect me, I'm a veteran!" ass to responding officers (who have no idea who is who when arriving at a scene), and was uncooperative. Video evidence allegedly showed that at some point Cooper (the assailant) was disarmed and the "hero" walk away from him, picked up the gun and went back in to administer a pistol whipping.

Charges were dropped. Moral of the story? If you get involved in a drunken fight in a bar parking lot, don't be an ass to the responding cops and expect special treatment because you're a veteran who is hanging out with the son of a Congressman.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reading "the rest of the story"....he acted like an entitled "You will respect me, I'm a veteran!" ass to responding officers (who have no idea who is who when arriving at a scene), and was uncooperative. Video evidence allegedly showed that at some point Cooper (the assailant) was disarmed and the "hero" walk away from him, picked up the gun and went back in to administer a pistol whipping.

Charges were dropped. Moral of the story? If you get involved in a drunken fight in a bar parking lot, don't be an ass to the responding cops and expect special treatment because you're a veteran who is hanging out with the son of a Congressman.
I saw this video a long time ago on active self protection on YouTube. The guy definitely thought he was something special.

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cops don't know this guy from sikkum. He should have answered their questions and kept his diarrhea mouth shut. Especially after being cuffed and stuffed. I wouldn't say anything but "lawyer".

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree that Solon should have realized that the LEOs would have to separate him and Cooper until they sorted out what happened, who did what, etc. and kept his yap shut. He was thinking very highly of himself. And I admit that Solon didn’t help himself any when the last part of the tape was finally revealed. I guess what made me mad was when in the Part 4 segment it was revealed Cooper’s prior arrest on felony drug/gun charges. Cooper should have not been drunk nor been in possession of a firearm when he met Solon. IMHO, this is runs parallel to the stories of the mass shooters who fill out their 4473, pass the NICS background check, obtain the weapons, kill numbers of victims AND THEN its found out they should have NEVER PASSED OR OBTAINED THE FIREARM in the first place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom