Boat drain plug.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't even need to do that. Get on plane and it will self drain. If you have a bilge pump you really have little need to remove the plug unless you are winterizing the boat.
You must have one of the duck bill drain plugs? Soft rubber that allows the bilge water to drain under power?
No way mine will drain.
The reason I pull my plug is because the live well system is messed up.
The valves in this used boat we bought don't work according to original design.
To keep the live well active with fresh water, it has to dump to the bilge in the overflow.
Not a big deal. Just stand there for a few moments and let it run out. The bilge pump never gets it all out.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
We just about swamped a really nice Lund at Sooner one night. There's no planing a boat there in the dark. Managed to get it back to the ramp, the guy's truck would barely pull it out of the water lol.

mgssamn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Digger Anchor Bail-R-Matic Automatic 1-Way Boat Drain Plug https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008AJYJ32/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_F5K8PK4WYNBQBHYMN86F
I am originally from Minnesota years ago- several of my buddies use this as they have to have plug removed by law when they leave lake. Auto drains and plugs. I don’t have one yet as I don’t take mine out anymore after some of the issue pre mentioned. Lol
But I have witnessed they work. Not sure of the downside unless there is a way of them getting something jammed so the valve doesn’t work.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
1622983600447-png.393754

Latest posts

Top Bottom