Bob Cat season has begun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I set out on December 2 for my first hunt. Actually I was on the deer stand and did not care if I shot a deer so I set up my quiver critter and fox pro spit fire. I have used the caller a few times and have called in a bunch but I could not see them. :) After 30mins I could not believe my eyes. A bob cat was approaching the quiver critter. I set up and had it in my sights (scope) and I learned a valuable lesson. I missed. Dang it, I can't believe it but I realized what I have been doing all my life. Apparently as I start the slow pull of the trigger I close my eye. I can't believe that I have ever hit anything. So today I went back to the range and practiced not closing my eye and for the first time I actually had a tight group. I hated to confess this but I just needed to get it off my chest. Lets use this post to start posting pictures of this seasons cats.

SnowCamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll be after them shortly as well.

IMG_1420.PNG

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This past week I was walking back from pulling my sd card from my camera when I spied a cat in my food plot. I wonder where it came from as it wasn't there less than 5 minutes ago. I looked at it again as I was passing it headed to the house. Hmmmm I don't recognize it as a new house cat. WAIT A MINUTE, it's got pointed black tipped 's. It's a half grown bobcat sitting there looking at my house cat and then looking at me. I walked within 15 yards of the bobcat befOre it became nervous. It then stood up and walked back towards the treeline. I smiled and finished walking to the house.

Latest posts

Top Bottom