Bob Cat season has begun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not all birds eat just grain.. not all birds taste the same either. just like not all animals.

I never heard of people eating bob cat but never asked or researched it either..but removing the skin and seeing the almost chicken like color of the meat I had to cut some off and fry it.

After that I went back out and cut all the good meat off both cats.
Took some home for the wife and she liked it and then her coworkers wanted to try some.. they all had some and they also liked it.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not all birds eat just grain.. not all birds taste the same either. just like not all animals.
Thanks for stating the obvious. :D

Since bobcats are mainly carnivores and wild turkeys are mainly herbivores (AFAIK?), I'm just surprised that they taste similar.

Guess I shouldn't be, since various meats are often claimed to "taste just like chicken." :drunk2:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is not yet obvious (at least to me) is if the house cat will be similar to the Bob cat.
I hate cats.
Well I should not say that. I like cats but hate the ones that are allowed to roam free and get in my yard and on my cars and do their business.
I might skin the next roamer I capture just too see if it looks and tastes like Bob cat.
:)

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s a bobcat for you. Picture is from a buddies place in Nebraska.

Attachments

• 78D3137E-1127-4A46-80EA-834CD05A0119.png
    78D3137E-1127-4A46-80EA-834CD05A0119.png
    672.3 KB · Views: 167

Latest posts

Top Bottom