Bob Cat season has begun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve seen a few. Waiting to set traps after the weekend. Odd around here I’m seeing more cats. Been hammering the coyotes the last couple of years and am seeing and hearing way less. Unless they increase activity around here when I start calving in a few weeks I’m seriously thinking about not killing anymore off our headquarters. Rabbits are thick. We had a couple of heavy rains this summer and I know some pups drowned I found quite a few when cleaning debris out of water gaps. But a couple of leases we have within a few miles of us they are thicker than normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I called in a medium size cat a couple days ago at my Hinton place. Dang thing snuck in behind me and I didn’t see it until I was getting up to leave. Turned and there it was, on its belly, facing me at 20 ft. I got the 6mm on it but all I could see was face. Didn’t want it to be destroyed so I waited for it to lose interest in me and turn to walk away so I could get a broadside shot. We had a stare down for several minutes before it took off like lightning. Needless to say...no shot.

However, I have been putting the smack down on coyotes out there. I’ve never seen them so thick. I called three into one set yesterday afternoon. Big male came in first and busted me so I switched to pup yelps and 2 females came right in. Double tap at 20 yards and they were down.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What sound have you been using on coyotes? I need to get to calling soon.

I most often start with a squeeling cottontail. They are common most everywhere and if coyotes haven’t been called, or become wise to that sound, they will usually respond.

Last edited:

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a good one I caught Friday.
bigcat2.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom