Bob Cat season has begun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't weigh him. He may be the biggest I've caught. I've weighed several mature toms in the past and they have always weighed 23-25#. This one may be a couple pounds heavier but thats probably about it. A few pounds goes a long ways on a cat.

I've handled some cats from the Ponca country and they seem to average about the same in size as mine here on the east side.

I did tag a cat for a gent last season that was by far the heaviest I've seen anywhere. I'd bet lunch that cat went 30#. I hear tale of cats that weigh 40-50# but haven't laid eyes on one yet.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't weigh him. He may be the biggest I've caught. I've weighed several mature toms in the past and they have always weighed 23-25#. This one may be a couple pounds heavier but thats probably about it. A few pounds goes a long ways on a cat.

I've handled some cats from the Ponca country and they seem to average about the same in size as mine here on the east side.

I did tag a cat for a gent last season that was by far the heaviest I've seen anywhere. I'd bet lunch that cat went 30#. I hear tale of cats that weigh 40-50# but haven't laid eyes on one yet.
Buddy has three in his freezer trapped just SW of Ponca this year. I thought the last one he trapped was huge, until I saw yours.
I'll take my scales over there tomorrow and get a weight if he isn't working.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Great cat Jared! A 30lb cat is a giant cat, I've seen several in my corner of the state in the mid 30's, but never one that made it into the 40's. We're talking coyote size once they get that big, and those are rare over here even.

Latest posts

Top Bottom