Bob Doucette of the Tulsa World My reply to his making America Safe with Gun Control.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snapshot2022

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Mr. Bob Doucette Editorial in the Tulsa world Hitting to close to home, he takes on ideas to make America safe with the new gun control laws and mandates.

I thought i would reply to it as of this date i have not received any type of reply from Mr. Doucette, maybe Mr. Doucette did not understand what i wrote.
==============
His Article below.

Hitting too close to home Bob Doucette Tulsa World Article 11/06/2022

Reading your article I note some items that are true and correct and need attention like better securing of firearms in homes, and being sure not to keep unsecured firearms in ones vehicle “just left in them” when not using them both firearm and vehicle.

Now I take notice the item our Tulsa Chief of Police Wendall Franklin says the combined affect of permitless carry, ghost guns kit made guns without a Serial /Number and straw purchases, create a “WILD WEST” environment.

Just where is there a Wild West Environment in Tulsa, if he is implying that legal owners of firearms are involved in making Tulsa a Wild West City he is really wrong, and should admit it, if anyone is causing this it’s the gang members of Tulsa.

I would like Chief Franklin to show me one item where permitless carry really caused any of these gang shooting, and it has been gang involved shooting that are the major Tulsa firearm “gun” shooting problems not lawful permitless carry people.

Also I would like Chief Franklin to show me one item where a kit firearm “ghost gun” was used in any of the Tulsa shootings.

Also I would like Chief Franklin to show me one item where a gang member used a kit ghost gun in any of the gang shooting, also show me any shooting in Tulsa where a ghost gun was ever used.

Now where you Mr. Doucette say it’s not asking too much to tighten some loopholes that leave many gun transactions untraceable, Sensible red flag laws “ shouldn’t be taboo”.

Where you say tighten some loopholes leave many gun transactions untraceable, now were talking about having all firearm transactions being not background checked, meaning firearms being sold between gun legal firearm owners without a background check.

If we are to have these firearm transactions carried out meaning getting a background check on each sale, we have to have all Federal Firearm Dealers have a separate data base for the firearms they sell, and a separate data base for people wanting to sell their own firearms to individuals.

The question is who will pay for these separate data base’s and who will setup how they are stored and how long they are stored, this has to be something the BAFT must be involved with like with their 4473 forum, as you must see and understand this is not a simple item Mr. Doucette if it was really simple we would already have it.

Now lets address “Sensible” Red Flag Laws there is no such thing as as sensible red flag laws, but there is now the law of the land.

H.R.2377 - Federal Extreme Risk Protection Order Act of 2021.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/hr2377-SAP-FINAL.pdfhttps://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/2377/text
This H.R. 2377 is the Federal Government’s way of making sure all States have red flag laws, as Oklahoma has none itself today.

What doe’s a red flag law really do well it allows anyone at anytime without any proof and having their name not known to the person being deemed a threat to themselves and the general public, this allows the city police if it’s a state red flag law or a US Marshal if it’s a Federal H.R.2377 law, to quickly take your firearms and Ammo. And hold you till a Judge makes a decision if you need mental evaluation.

Not so simple a process Mr. Doucette as you can read yourself with no due process a total violation of our Constitution “Thank you President Biden”

Other items as the need for training before a person can obtain a firearm I addressed this with Mr. Wayne Greene and Kelly Bostian both no longer employed at the Tulsa World.

A waiting period before a person buying a firearm can take possession of the firearm, when I was working part time selling firearms at a major Tulsa Sporting Goods store, many times I had both men and women tell me “I never asked” that they were buying this firearm because they feared for their lives, and needed the firearm right then not five to ten days later I feel waiting periods are just a small road block and anyone thinking it really saves lives is dreaming.

Do we make someone buying a car have a waiting period, because they might get drunk that day and drive killing someone and their selves?

The main point I am trying to convey to you Mr. Doucette is your article might seem very simple to many quickly reading it, but as you see your trying to cover a lot of ground quickly and this can not be done and treat the subject properly.

I would be very happy to discus this item with you, as it is not simple to cover it in a short written time frame.

Also feel free to share my comments with our Tulsa Chief of Police Wendall Franklin.

Ivan M Hersh
Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Snapshot2022

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tulsa world is a liberal piece of garage.
People really need to understand what this new law means, as Oklahoma does not have their own RED FLAG law the Federal Government has now given all states a universal red flag law.
And this new red flag law is far reaching with no due process required.

117th CONGRESS
2d Session
H. R. 2377
AN ACT
To authorize the issuance of extreme risk protection orders.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

Read the full law i have included.

Attachments

• HHR2377.doc
    127 KB · Views: 0

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma actually has an anti-Red Flag law.

All Oklahoma representatives voted “nay” on this bill. It’s doubtful they can get enough votes to pass in the Senate before this session expires. Obviously both OK senators would vote “nay”. Any political pressure should be directed at Manchin, Sinema, McCaskill, Collins and Portman. All the other aisle crossing moderates would face severe political backlash if they voted against their party, based on the states they represent.

IF this managed to become law, it’s one that’s vulnerable to court challenges. It’s clearly unconstitutional under several precepts, including the 10th Amendment. Putting it under the Commerce Clause betrays that.

Right now there’s not much of anything that can be done by us here in Oklahoma that will impact this legislation. If it doesn’t pass before the 118th Congress convenes, it will never become law as drafted.

Snapshot2022

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma actually has an anti-Red Flag law.

All Oklahoma representatives voted “nay” on this bill. It’s doubtful they can get enough votes to pass in the Senate before this session expires. Obviously both OK senators would vote “nay”. Any political pressure should be directed at Manchin, Sinema, McCaskill, Collins and Portman. All the other aisle crossing moderates would face severe political backlash if they voted against their party, based on the states they represent.

IF this managed to become law, it’s one that’s vulnerable to court challenges. It’s clearly unconstitutional under several precepts, including the 10th Amendment. Putting it under the Commerce Clause betrays that.

Right now there’s not much of anything that can be done by us here in Oklahoma that will impact this legislation. If it doesn’t pass before the 118th Congress convenes, it will never become law as drafted.
We can let people know and understand about it, and we can b@@ch about it.

Last edited:

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think all the people that member of OSA understand the truth. Our government doesn't give a damn about human lives in this country. If they did fentanyl would be their number one priority. It is the number one killer of males between 18 and 45 year olds. Yet they don't care or do anything because if they did something would have to be done about the border. If the border was secure, then the Democrats would lose all those new Democratic voters that they care more for than current US citizens. They want all the guns because if things don't change one day the people may get fed up and start playing cowboys and politicians like the French did many years ago.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get away from car analogies they aren’t accurate.
That is not strictly true. It is true that there is no right to own a car specified in the Constitution or Bill of Rights. But anyone with a driver's license can buy or rent a car or truck. And folks do daily do things that kill people with cars. Seems to me there are more fatalities involving automobiles than firearms. So licensing cars does not prevent car violence. Car manufacturers don't seem to get sued for the violence committed with cars, either. This only happens with firearms, which both are specifically listed as a right, and the listing contains very restrictive verbage: Shall Not Be Infringed. And nobody involved in our legal system seems to recognize or acknowledge those facts, either. Constitution & Bill of Rights doesn't specifically recognize a right to own wagons, horses, oxen, or other critters that can pull them or carry people around. Bet the Founding Fathers would have started another Revolution if someone suggested licensing them back then, but we don't seem to have a problem with it. That may even be the inflection point where the REAL United States of America died. And left us this stinking corpse...

Latest posts

Top Bottom